1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vent Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ubiquitin, Apr 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

It sucks but this was never an issue when we had Yao and other teams including the Rockets were hacking Shaq to win games. DeAndre Jordan gets the same type of treatment.

The thing that sucks is that all of our active big men suck at free throws right now. How does that happen? Aside from T. Jones, nobody can step up and shoot an open shot? The inability of athletic bigmen to knock down free throws boggles my mind.

2. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Post please.

3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

WELP. What a major lost that was.

4. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Member
    Supporting Member

Oh yeah it was all arm I watched it over and over and over and over

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>That's clean RT <a href="https://twitter.com/HtOwNzOuTLaW713">@HtOwNzOuTLaW713</a>: Clean block!! No troll I'm dead ass <a href="http://t.co/TDLcGCJYoH">pic.twitter.com/TDLcGCJYoH</a></p>&mdash; Davane #RFFL (@YoItsKenneth) <a href="https://twitter.com/YoItsKenneth/status/586722131884445697">April 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Don't mind my sarcasm in the tweet.

6. RESINator

RESINator Member

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

how was that a fail, he scored a three, and then poked the ball away from Manu for the final shot

he did what he was suppose to do for the final shot, the spurs took away his jumper forced him to his strong hand for a pretty much open layup. That was a 50/50 play

8. ZNB

ZNB Member

I would be surprised if we win 2 games this post season, no matter who we play. It looks like any playoff type game Harden lays a goose egg.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

1. Instead of settling for a tough contested look..James went for the dagger at the rim...The fact that old man Tim got him...just speaks for how amazing it is for a 50 year old to still play at an elite level and dominate.

2. The two most fundamental things in the game of basketball is to be able to dribble and shoot. The FT is the easiest shot in the game. Its uncontested and an open shot. Every ROCKET BIG should be still on the court practicing their FTs every game. Tonight...I hope it especially hurts Dwight, Josh, Terrence and Dorsey. Our bigs lost the game.

3. Dropping from 2nd to 6th is really tough, but it is what it is. Pop had a new strategy this game and exploited it to perfection. The Rockets have really no one else to blame but themselves. Pop took out the fans and Rockets players out of the game. Take notes DMorey...this is what elite level coaching does for "OLD basketball players.." The other day it was Parker...today it was Tim.

10. ClutchCityReturns

Probably an unpopular opinion, but it's true.

11. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Are you seriously going to tell me that shooting 5-19 from the field and turning the ball over twice in the closing mins is an MVP type performance, plus he was getting beat defensively for most of the game also. Slow on rotations and camping in the lanes, honestly anyone that isn't a complete homer can say that he had a terrible performance in the biggest game of the season. just as fans ragged on T-mac for failing to show up to big games although his playoffs numbers say otherwise, why can't we call out the guy campaigning himself to be the MVP of the league and laying an egg in the biggest game of the season.

12. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Healthy Yao is a way better player than dwight

13. TheresTheDagger

Just one question:

When is it gonna be our turn? :(

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Member

coincidence that it's on game winning shots that would give us a crucial tie breaker?

hmmm

15. photojoe

photojoe Member

When I was a kid, I used to play Super Street Fighter 2 on the Super Nintendo. A lot.

In that game, there was this thing you could do. If you played it as much as I did, I figured out the timing for certain moves. You could time it just right, after you knocked the other character to the ground, you could do a certain move as soon as they got up before they could react or do anything and you would knock them down again. I could do this almost repeatedly until I won the fight.

Yes, it was actually part of the game. There was nothing technically illegal or not allowed about it. Sometimes, when I tried to do that certain move I wouldn't quite get the timing down right and the other character would stand up and hit me and trying to do that cheap move would backfire. Whenever I played against my friends who also played that game a lot, we both knew that you could do that cheap move, but neither one of us would because we knew how cheap it was. It wasn't very fun for either player. It ruined the game.

Watching this basketball game against the Spurs felt like playing Super Street Fighter. Except the other player didn't mind doing the cheap move. The other player didn't mind if it made the game no fun. And the other player did the same one cheap move over and over and over again.

1 person likes this.
  16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I just felt Harden played in slow motion. He should just make a quick move to get rid of his defender.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

he had a bad game against the hottest team in the league, we still lost by one from a 50/50 play at the buzzer

I wonder people would still over react if they called the foul on Duncan and we won the game

18. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Refs just called a foul on Marc Gasol for a CLEAR block on Gordon Hayward at the buzzer. Sweet justice?

19. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I want to be the most hated team but win. Bad boys part 2

20. saner-s88

saner-s88 Member

Keep calm guys.
    This win wouldn't guarantee 2nd seed.
    We might play vs. Spurs in 1st round even if we had win today.
    The target probably is the same - LAC or Spurs in 1st round. Yes, we lost home court advantage. But home court doesn't guarantee win.
    We miss 20FT, but still was in one shot from victory.
    We can play spurs very well, when game didn't stop every 20 seconds. We can play LAC even without Dwight.
    And i think 6th seed is better than 5th. Cause in second case we will face GSW already in 2nd round. I still believe we can reach WCF