1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is why Curry's not MVP

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ScolaIsBallin, Mar 8, 2015.

1. ts2mars

ts2mars Member

I think Harden deserves the MVP...with that said:

Curry just broke his own 3 point record with 3 games left...in 480 less minutes played this season than his 2012-2013 record season. 480 MINUTES LESS PEOPLE. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this one.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Gotta give credit where credit is due. That was a lights out shooting by Curry. Harden hasn't had performances like that but Harden is more deserving of the MVP.

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Like Curry has done?

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Sure he has, against this very same team. Folks just don't respect the ability to constantly get into the lane and get to the line, while taking a beating each night. Not as pretty but just as difficult.

5. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Stephen Curry became the first player in NBA history to score at least 45 points on 25 or fewer shots with 5 or fewer free throw attempts (via Elias)

6. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

hahahaah

i was in the toyota center this year when Harden scored 31 in the first half againist a HEALTHY wesley matthews... he could of had 60 if the game was close

this curry hype is outta control.. harden put up 40 twice on the blazers this year

lillard said harden should be mvp

7. steady

steady Member

I agree about this.

I do think people who really follow appreciate exactly what Harden has achieved this year though.

I love Harden. I don't care if he gets a lot of his points off free throws or not; so does Kevin Durant.

Harden's like a locomotive that gathers speed and then demolishes the opposition. He's amazing to watch.

He's still young, two years younger than Curry. He will get the MVP sometime.

8. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Harden can put up 40 in 3 quarters easily

Curry is overhyped.. he has a talent for knocking down 3's like his old man yippeee

when harden has a big game, it gets crapped on by espn

watch what espn does tommorow

9. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Trailblazers have been garbage since matthews went out with that injury..

didnt they just lose to the brooklyn nets

10. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

Man I love this regular season MVP award. All this means is that those that didn't get it are going to be pissed off and will try to beat the winner's ass down in the playoffs if they meet.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Hard not to give Curry the MVP after a performance like that.

12. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I dont want Harden to get it. I want Harden to get a finals MVP.

We all know Warriors aren't making it to the Finals if they end up facing the Spurs in the playoffs, so let Curry have the season MVP award.

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Has Harden had a 40+ game shooting >70% FG%? 17/23 is VERY impressive. Curry had a great game. He also has it easier than Harden to score. I don't think Curry deserves MVP.

Harden is definitely the MVP. He does more than Curry and is more important to his team, especially as the bigger focal point and offensive load.

14. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/gameleaders

there have been much performances than this game, the blazers are not that good without matthews, lillard is an average defender

15. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

DMo just went out with an injury, teams dont gameplan for Curry... They gameplan for Klay and Curry. With the Rockets teams come in to the game to try and shut down Harden, thats why so many players around the league think Harden is the MVP. They are in the meeting rooms when im sure their coaches are telling them, dont worry about the other scrubs on the Rockets, just contain 13. And when still goes out there and gets 40, thats really hard to do. If Curry was on the rockets instead of Harden we would be down in the standings with the Mavericks

its cute when warriors fans claim that curry faces double teams before he crosses the half-court line.. Since december the same thing has been happening to Harden, you can not single cover Harden. Harden especially without Dwight on the court gets triple teamed, i was at the Bucks game in toyota center this year. Dudley and Middleton along wwith the greek freak were instructed by J.Kidd to deny Harden the ball

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This debate is like Kindergarten, why are you guys so obsessed with Harden getting the MVP? It's an effin award for a sports player, grow up.

My player is better than yours, ne ne nee nee neeee." "My guy had a better performance tonight, enemenemeee". "But my guy had performances like this too, he's more deserving. :("

1 person likes this.
  17. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Curry deserves it just as much, maybe even more than Harden, the guy always steps up.
    I still think it's ridiculous to base your MVP on one or two great scoring games late in the season, it's not meaningless but now to say he deserves it and maybe Harden drops 40 tonight and then he has the edge again, is just silly.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden deserves it, but I hope it goes to Curry.

19. Clyde Harden

Clyde Harden New Member

Good for him but I doubt that's enough to say he is the MVP.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Curry has it locked up. Sorry, Harden.