1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AMC's The Walking Dead [Season 5]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CheezeyBoy22, Jun 14, 2014.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

What was the deal with poncho bro anyway?

Some say the wolves were using him as bait.

I think he was just some random dude who got caught by the wolves after Daryl and Aaron escaped the trap.

Although wearing a red poncho is conspicuous as all hell when it's not raining, unless he was trying to get found.

2. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Post of the day.

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

When Glenn goes out......You will remember it.......lol.

4. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I guess considering the plight of supplies, you take what you get.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

They don't have to kill him......remember......Carol is long dead in the comics....Andrea is very much alive (Although Sasha has taken the Sniper role Andrea plays in the comics...without the Rick romantic relationship

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

7. dmoneybangbang

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Very true... I just wonder if tv show will stick to it.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I think the show runners were just trying to show how random luck can be in this world, if Daryl and Aaron meet up with him, he ends up in sanctuary. He doesn't and ends up dead at the hands of the wolves.

Only reason I can think of the wolves killing him is to restock the trap.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Robert Pattison (Start of Twilight) CONFIRMED as big baddie Negan.

[​IMG]

Following the tense and bloody Season 5 finale of The Walking Dead I thought that we'd be doomed to a long summer devoid of walkery goodness, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. An announcement from AMC earlier today confirmed that former Twilight saga star, Robert Pattinson, has been cast as the ultimate Big Bad from the comic series, Negan!

[​IMG]

Despite rumors that Jon Hamm may be in the running for the role, it was Pattison that ultimately won over showrunner Scott M. Gimple and the crew behind the series. The Walking Dead casting director, Sharon Bialy, spoke earlier about the announcement of the fresh faced 28-year-old taking on the iconic role, saying:

"All major Walking Dead fans know that when you think of the villainous Negan, the first name that jumps to mind is Robert Pattinson. After recently re-watching Twilight and seeing that baseball scene, I just knew that Pattinson was the right man to wield Negan's infamous weapon, Lucille. We would have been fools not to cast him."

Pattinson is no stranger to the supernatural genre, having played the vampire Edward Cullen in all five of the Twilight Saga films, as well as a wizard in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. He revealed his excitement about the role via a press release:

"I'm tremendously extremely excited about this new role, as well as the change from film to TV. Going from watching zombie classics such as iZombie and House of the Dead to acting in my own zombie show is a true gift, and I can't wait to bring some sparkle to the character of Negan.

I've watched some of The Walking Dead in the past, and Season 2 is probably my favorite season, seeing them all adapting to life on the farm was amazing.
    I hope the fans are as excited about me taking on the role as I am, though from what I've seen on Twilight online forums this has been a long time coming for some.

While The Walking Dead is currently on a break after the Season finale last weekend, Season 6 of the show will start in October, and when it does we can look forward to seeing Pattinson do the character of Negan justice and bring this ultimate comic book villain to life."

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Feels like April Fools up there, breh.

12. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

^^ I understand that is supposed to be an April Fool's joke, I just don't get the humor or Twilight references.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Not sure how I feel about this. ^

So they like him because he swung a bat well in Twilight? Just from looks standpoint Jon Hamm would have probably been perfect for the role. He, imho, would have a more menacing look than this 20 something year old "dream boat" type actor....

Maybe he does kill it (literally and figuratively) I don't know. Also, this is strange they announce this so quickly after the season finale. After how much the actor that plays Morgan said they hid his whereabouts before the Clear episode and the others to follow his appearances, I'm not sure what their reason for releasing this so soon would be.

The series is not hurting for ratings and we still have months till the beginning of next season. Puzzling.

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

15. Victorious

Victorious Member

Still doesn't explain the red poncho with no rain in sight. I think he was a one of their "traps" and then they sacrificed him to restock the HEB Zombies.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You're looking way too closely at it. He just didn't know what he was doing. He was a newb. Now he's dead. Regardless, we'll never know the true answer because it's a non-factor event.

17. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I remember when one of my friends told me how Glen got taken out... I was pissed he told me so early, but I wonder if the TV does stick too it. I bet they will because they love those shocking moments.

18. Buck Turgidson

I'm just glad that Sasha and Priest are black, the show shouldn't have any problem killing them off soon, hopefully along with that goofy looking dude that Glen inexplicably didn't kill.

19. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I'll spoiler this for those who don't read articles, etc. about the show... I haven't read the comics.

It's annoying to me that I know how Glenn is going to die (and that he does die) without having read any so-called spoilers. Walking Dead comic fans are really annoying when it comes to making "inside jokes" to each other that are blatantly obvious to those who have not read it.

20. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Lol, what a good April's fools joke.

Oh um, how the heck did Glen escape the walkers?