1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 3/29/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 29, 2015.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Sounds like a fanbase that knows the Rockets haven't been healthy all season and there is no guarantee that will change in the Playoffs. Those whining fans know the Rockets will have to play better with what they have.

You can list all the players that are out all you want. No one cares. They only know how far you got in the playoffs, not the people you lost to injury.

Wins are great but the Rockets have loftier goals. Rockets and the fans should be critical of how they win.

2. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Agree TOTALLY. I am old coot that watched us win the NBA Championship. I want to see us with a chance to win again. As the old saying goes...don't tell me about the labor pains.show me the baby." DH has been out 36 games...I know at one time we were like 21-10 with him and 17-10 without him. We were the ONLY team to get out rebounded by 20 b2b...something no other team has done...in week 20. We have handled the adversity well but looking at the big picture...we see some potentially fatal flaws we need to shed.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

LOL we have given up leads against playoffs type teams and still ended up winning those games. This is the NBA and not little league. These professional have the capability to go on runs of their own. This game is about who has the last and final run. Today it was us and we came out victorious.

Don't worry, Be Happy

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Great win today by our dynamic team.

5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

It's rather interesting...I'm starting to see teams hit loosing streaks/injury bug that didn't have to deal with them this year until now. The Rockets have been dealing with it all year. I don't think there are too many mentally tougher teams than the Rockets this year. A muscle they've seemed to develop this year. Looking forward to DMO/JONES coming back. Wouldn't hurt to have PAP but that remains to be seen. Great job by Morey this year and McHale dealing with it all.

6. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I couldn't have said it any better than you just did.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

From Harden's line of sight, he wholeheartedly concurs.

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That is certainly the road map to the WCF finals.

9. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

best thing I noticed is that Nick plays very good defense and smart, you don't have to worry about him having stupid fouls and being a liability like a lot of other inexperienced rookies. That's huge because he's going to be playing more and more.

Hit those FTs tho

10. tws011

tws011 Member

tied for 2nd baby! Go spurs... (for tonight! ) :D

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

BTW, not that it matters much since we have our sights set on much more, but I think the Rockets clinched no worse than the 7th seed with this win today.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Amin (on the Rockets): Defensively, tremendous. Wizards aren't a juggernaut but did a good job today suffocating their offense. You have to like Howard coming back. He gives them a different element.

I question life without Beverley. Can they survive giving [guys like] Johnson rotation minutes? I also question can an offense built on having a ball in one guy's hand and everyone else stands and watches (not a lot of movement) and Harden's "I hope I get a whistle", there aren't a lot of whistles in the playoffs.

13. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

the ball has been moving quite a bit actually. For instance, Josh Smith had 11 assists the other night and the team had 28 total(or there abouts).

14. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Also I am not as worried about our offense as our defense, which looks to be improving here late in the season, and will be especially tough when we get all of our guys back.

15. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Happy with the away win and levelling with the Grizzlies. With any luck, we'll be in 2nd clear of them in 24hrs.
    Looking forward to getting some bodies back (DMo & Jones - hopefully Bev also) and great to hear Howard's not feeling a lot of pain now he's back.

Side thought though - why isn't KJ McDaniels getting any minutes?

16. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Is there a timetable on TJones' return? And what's the latest report on Bev? And where has Papa been??

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Papa's ankle injury has been pretty bad, but he is expected back in 7-10 days. 7-10 days for Jones too. Bev may not be back this season, I am afraid. Nothing is official, but that is what McHale reported.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yeah, but it just feels dirty to cheer for them.

AH! Thanks, you've solved my issues. I'll cheer for the Spurs because they are the favourites, NOT because I want them to win. That way, if they do win, it was always going to happen, and I haven't soiled myself :grin:

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

No matter, we find ways to win.

Felt like a long chase and don't know how long we'll keep it, but it's a tribute to the focus and grit of this team and the brilliance of Harden that we are now #2 in the West.

20. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

2nd place!!!!