1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I remember the epic thread in GARM where Lin fanatics compared Lin's struggles to Jackie Robinson's struggles with racism.

Like I said, the most insecure fanbase worshiping one of the most insecure players in the league.

Amusingly fitting!

2. Danang78

Danang78 Member

LOL it's funny how you use "facts" like it is going out of fashion. Guess what, you are going to get checked every time you throw out opinions and call it facts. You been getting checked so much you should get a discount from State Farm.
    So get your facts straight before you try to distort it.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the LOF blueshampoo said "wonton soup"

at least Jeremy Lin's family could afford lots of wonton soup. and probably shark fin soup too. they were from palo alto, average household income like $150000

Serge Ibaka was homeless eating food from trash cans and his father was in jail because the government was corrupt. average income $1/day

And I totally love how Lin fans SUDDENLY know about Ibaka's story, they don't. I'm the only here who saw that movie.

Who had the harder life ???

Serge
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HbvE9c_PjT4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jeremy
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IAF9vy-mxPA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This also relates who is mentally stronger and who you would want to go to battle with on your team

4. tinman

Supporting Member

your jokes and humor are amateur, however you are the first lin fan after a thousand of them joined to even understand the concept of humor

so cheers

5. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

Why are you comparing the two lives? We all know Ibaka had a difficult life. Congo was worse than what Lin had to go through, but that doesn't mean Lin's life was easy or without racism.

6. Danang78

Danang78 Member

I told you I enjoy this and have to thank you Zboy and King1 for it.

Have you ever gone crayfishing? Throw a piece of meat into the water,wait a few seconds, pull it up and you have 3 crayfish clinging to it. It's fun.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Very amateurish and......still filled with rage....which ends up in another incoherent post from him.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Heh heh - Lin has been playing well the last few games...

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Why even overkill with Ibaka? Heck, Patrick Beverley had a "harder" time than Jeremy Lin.

The man came as a nobody from Russia, busted his ass off, rightfully earned a starting spot on the roster, got named to the All NBA Defensive team, and to the Top 30 PG list.

There are DOers and there are whiners.

Jeremy Lin and his fanatics fall in the second category.

#8569 Zboy, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  10. Danang78

Danang78 Member

OK that was weak, your not going to illicit any response from that, besides me, but I'm just helping.

Real talk though, why don't you do a kickstarter to get a Bevsanity movie going. Jeremy said he would donate a million dollars to the cause. He feels compelled because the Christian in him.

11. Danang78

Danang78 Member

Talk about dilusional...this guy thinks he's in a TedTalk forum. Your in a Clutchfans.net Jeremy Lin thread, know your forums son!!!

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

#8572 Zboy, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  13. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

Don't even reply to their logical fallacy. They keep using the "the Ferrari was faster so Porsche wasn't fast" logic. Expected from an ignorant hater with the IQ of a rock.

14. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Right on schedule.

Lin does poorly - he sucks
    Lin does well - he's stat padding

Reality is he's a very inconsistent player, but actually still belongs in the nba. Could see him doing great as a 6th-8th man for a number of teams needing instant offense off the bench. That makes him one of the top 450 basketball players in the world. He may currently be vastly overpaid, but he still belongs. there are some crazy LOFs on the Garm and just as many crazy LOHs.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

both of them had movies about themselves premiering at the same film festival.(different years)

I never denied Jeremy Lin had to go through racism.
    But comparing both movies and journeys, my opinion that playing basketball without shoes and nets and backboards is harder than playing basketball at the gym in Palo Alto high school.

LINSANITY
    SCREENING SECTION (THEME)
    Festival Favorites
    DETAILS
    Documentary Feature
    English
    Subtitled
    USA
    HDCAM
    88 MIN
    http://www.linsanitythemovie.com

SON OF CONGO
    Section: Documentary Spotlight
    Premiere Status: World Premiere
    Language: English, Lingala, French and Spanish with Subtitles
    Year: 2014
    Runtime: 54min
    Public Film Contact
    Persis Koch
    Humble
    persis@humble.tv
    (646) 435-9500

Publicity Contact
    Danny Chi
    Danny.C.Chi@espn.com

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Keep preaching tinman.

That Congo movie does not fit well with Lin fanatics' "Jeremy Lin is a victim" propaganda.

Which is why we see....

[​IMG]

LOL @ that Ferrari and Porsche analogy.

Try a Ferrari and a tricycle (miniature one at that)...

17. tinman

Supporting Member

In the Linsanity movie, Lin being being cut by Golden State was one of the hardest times in his life.

In Son of the Congo, Serge said being homeless in the Congo was hard and that having challenges in the NBA was"NOTHING"

it's just comparing and contrasting two players who had to overcome adversities in their lives to become some of the highest paid players in the NBA Today.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Could I have had survived racism at Palo Alto high school and in an ivy league college?

maybe

Could I have survived being homeless in the congo and mosquitoes carrying malaria and unfiltered water and corrupt governments and warlords and militias??

that answer is clearly no.

I wouldn't even want to try playing basketball barefoot on concrete , that would freaking hurt.

19. archinkent

archinkent Member

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]