1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

....and then disappears for the rest of the game until the final minutes, where the game has already been decided but he is stat padding.

Typical non-impact game from Lin for a losing team.

Like I said, the biggest difference from pre-all All Star Lin and post All-Star Lin is his stat padding mindset. Someone must have reminded him that this is his contract year.

And these stats dont even take into account that Nelson has much better handles, basketball IQ, clock management skills, and does not shrink under pressure.

*laugh*

#8542 Zboy, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  3. Danang78

Danang78 Member

WTF...Lin was on the bench for that stretch and this fool say he disappeared.

And this new thing that you been saying about stat padding. In your twisted mind, you wan professional bball player to cash the check and just mail it in every game? If you were a owner of a team, you will get Sterling-ed.

Always talking out the side of his neck. SMH

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol at this. You spent your Friday night watching Raptors/Lakers? That's almost as sad a mig0s spending his Friday night on here white knighting Airemy.

That's before I even mention the post got you so upset you can't string a coherent sentence together.

5. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I was going to make a joke but seriously it sounds like Lin needs more than a sports psychologist. This dude needs real therapy to help him channel all of his bottled up emotions before they explode unexpectedly. This article paints a picture of a man who feels misunderstood, alone, and headed for crisis.

1 person likes this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Birds of the same feather...

7. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

+1 +/-:rolleyes:

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He needs a hug....badly.

That articles paints a picture of a man that lacks confidence and has some serious insecurity issues.

Read through several of his followers' posts on this thread and it will also explain why Jeremy Lin fanatics are such.....fanatics.

There is only so much a psychologist can do for mental midgets.

9. redearth

The irony is that the fanatics around him are directly contributing to his mental state.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, they are a bunch of lunatics who just idolize him.
    So you know I saw the Lin movie premiere at sxsw a few years back? there was a fan at the Q&A who didn't even ask him a question, it was more like "Jeremy you so great, you are so great.." It was creepy and Lin seemed creeped too. The movie was good, but nothing more than just a 30 for 30. Of course you remember here on Clutchfans, when the LOF population was the highest, we had TONS of posts by LOF who NEVER saw the movie talking about it! It was my thread about my thoughts on the movie, but it was jacked by twitter posts .

Fast forward to this year. I saw the Grantland Serge Ibaka movie, Ibaka was there. It was about him going back to the Congo and showing what he overcame.

His life story was WAY MORE COMPELLING than Lin's story. Jeremy overcame Palo Alto, where the richest people in America live. Ibaka was playing ball without shoes and hoops with no backboard and nets . Plus the Congo is dangerous , you could get killed. You could get run over by a Prius or Tesla on Palo Alto I guess. the audience was so normal and asked him questions about his life and story. I felt like I was amongst normal people.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VDvbjXXhXDI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I urge people to watch his story and watch the Lin movie and make a comparison and see who really overcame bad odds.

#8550 tinman, Mar 28, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  11. Danang78

Danang78 Member

I try to catch all of Jeremy's game. What's your excuse?
    It's better to AZN knight Jeremy than, you, zboi and tingman White Knighting each other. hug hug kiss kiss.

I don't get upset, I enjoy this. BTW how do you edit post on here?

12. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

Someone else had a harder life so Jeremy's life wasn't difficult! Amazing logic there. From Lin's recent ESPN article " on the kids who invariably demanded to guard "the Asian" on the playground; on the fans who yelled "sweet and sour pork" and "wonton soup" at Georgetown and UConn; on the Ivy League opponent who called him "Chink" on the court; on the basketball observers who argued that Golden State only wanted him as marketing stunt; on the racist comments at the bottom of any video or article about him."

Yeah Lin's path was smooth and didn't face any sort of racism at all. You probably wouldn't know cuz you can't relate. Enjoy that privilege my friend.

13. Bigsupervise

Bigsupervise Member

Article sums up what alot of people think about Lin, if he would just stop thinking and play (aggressively) he's a really good player...capable of being in the top 7 rotation of a good team. But he's so inconsistent, sometimes he looks like an all star and some times he looks like a YMCA scrub. I still wouldn't be surprised if he ended up back in Houston though

1 person likes this.
  14. redearth

Sticks and stones...

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

LOL. Pointing out facts about Jeremy Lin's game really rustle Danang's jimmies.

You are right. He could use some anger management sessions. That post of his was FAIL...like this...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bty9n7f8foQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

His whining to the ref after that airball layup was amusing as well. Let me guess.....he was complaining to him about racism.

That's right. Jeremy Lin airballs because of racism.

#8555 Zboy, Mar 28, 2015
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

I love how Lin fans blindly make assumptions like Lin blindly makes passes.

I've never been to the Congo. But I've been to Palo Alto.

Life ain't that hard there pal. Oh sad he didn't get into Cal or Stanford. boo hoo.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

According to Lin fans, Lin had it harder than that dude Jesus Christ

Jesus had people throw stones at him... But Jesus couldn't comprehend the bad stuff Jeremy had to endure in an Ivy League school

18. Danang78

Danang78 Member

The article points out that Jeremy experienced racism or "obstacles", whether he was from Palo Alto or the 3rd Ward. What's so hard to understand about that? Ignoring or deflecting it doesn't make it go away?

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Palo Alto

[​IMG]

Congo
    [​IMG]

20. tinman

Supporting Member

who had the harder life?

Serge Ibaka who was homeless in the congo selling coke cans to tourist

Jeremy Lin who went to Palo Alto Highschool with Apple and Oracle millionaires?