1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not at all. TJones has statistically had much more of an impact, even when taking out DMo's time at C. Simple as that.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, you'll come around eventually and we'll all look back on this and laugh.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

DMo does not play out of position on Offense. McHale has switched to a 2 PF system. Can't you see that?

What is your agenda here? Why do you continue this incessant attack on TJones? Just to prove something? Sorta like your campaign to prop up an journeyman 5'11 shooting guard -- Canaan.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not attacking anyone, I'm merely describing Jones' game for those who seem to be a bit misguided about what it actually is...and you think I was trying to prop up Canaan? LOL wow.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh, one thing is for sure, if one group thinks you are "hating" on a player and another group thinks you are "trying to prop up" the same player, you're doing something right.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes you are attacking TJones. And yes, you were trying to prop up Canaan.

Delusional much?

So exactly which player do people accuse you of hating and propping up at the same time. Certainly not Smith, Jones, DMo or Canaan.

You know you have an agenda. We aren't dumb.

You're just trying to squirm out of me accusing you of having an agenda which involves exaggerations and misinformation in an attempt to win a stupid argument, that has little to do with actually enjoying your home team. It's more about enjoying yourself and arguing for the sake of arguing.

you're waaay too transparent. And very boring.

7. Mr. Clutch

Your analysis is curiously devoid of stats.

8. Mr. Clutch

I'm not laughing at how awesome Fitzpatrick was for the Texans, so the track record here isn't good.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Terrence Jones has absolutely improved from last season.

There is no reason to think he won't be more effective in the playoffs than he was last season, unless you have a bias against him.

If DMo can vastly improve from this season to last, why can't TJ?

10. Mr. Clutch

I think DMo and TJones will both improve. No one really knows who will end up being the better player.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Okay those stats tell us:
    1. Jones is a better rebounder.
    2. DMo is a better 3 pt shooter.
    3. Jones is a better shot blocker.
    4. DMo is a better passer.
    5. Both score at about the same rate in different ways.

What else do you get from those "almost all" categories?

I said the two guys are about equal overall. I think that's a fair assessment. Pointing out numbers where Jones is slightly better and those individualized team stats like Ortg without a context does not prove that he is actually better.

Even if one guy is really "better" it is obviously not significant enough. This whole DMo-Jones debate is kind of similar to last year's Lin-Beverley debate. The two guys aren't that much better or worse than the other one overall. But some people have to argue one way or the other.

12. Mr. Clutch

Clutchfans loves nothing more than arguing over role players

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The gap gets a lot wider in favor of Jones when you look at the stats both of them put up when starting. Jones took awhile to get back from injury and that most certainly skewed his stats.

In addition, in terms of overall impact, the team performance as a whole when both of them are on the floor is overwhelmingly in favor of Jones at this point.

It's not just about who is better, it's about who is a better fit in the starting lineup vs. coming off the bench. I think it's a legitimate and relevant discussion to have at this point.

I'm not trying to say that Jones is 100% the obvious no-brainer choice, but there are some posters here being blatantly disrespectful to Jones and the body of work he's put in, and dismissing the fact that he is still the starter on this team until proven otherwise. He is very under appreciated on this board.

14. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Sadly enough, a lot of players are under appreciated on this board. Harden slumps for like two weeks (while still putting up great numbers in all categories, including the W/L column), and we have posters demanding he apologize for his slump. When the players are playing well, some posters will say that they're playing as they should. When players aren't, some posters advocated for them to be replaced by rookies or second-year players who have gone on to show they can't even cut it on some of the worst teams in the NBA. I love CF for its analysis from the better contributors and for the quick insider access with what's going on with the team, but I wish some posters were more positive.

15. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Little Bobby you must have a 7 foot man size poster of DMO in your room somewhere LOL. You are his biggest fan no doubt. :grin:

16. bongman

bongman Member

Not necessarily. Some picked Paul George over Harden :p

17. omgTHEpotential

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

No he is not they are damn near even. Stop being just a Dmo homer Bobbythegreat.

19. basketballholic

McHale has no more switched to a 2 PF system than a man in the moon. It's simply all he's had to work with since Dwight has been out because Dorsey is probably one of the 10 worst backup centers in the NBA.

A 2 PF system WILL NOT WORK in the WC playoffs. Too many good centers. Too many good tandems of bigs. Gotta have 5's. And we are probably one good backup 5 short.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bobbythegreat you are describing his game inaccurately and you seemed to be the one misguided good sir.