1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwyane Wade says James Harden should be the MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Mar 24, 2015.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wade says his MVP is James Harden.</p>&mdash; Jason Lieser (@PBPjasonlieser) <a href="https://twitter.com/PBPjasonlieser/status/580504047184138240">March 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwyane Wade says if he voted for MVP right now it would be for James Harden. Cites how Harden has kept winning even without Dwight Howard</p>&mdash; Ohm Youngmisuk (@NotoriousOHM) <a href="https://twitter.com/NotoriousOHM/status/580506997184946176">March 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wade just mentioned that if he had an MVP vote, he would vote for James Harden. Heat can close within half game of sixth seed Bucks with win</p>&mdash; Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) <a href="https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/580504661066665985">March 24, 2015</a></blockquote>

#1 J.R., Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Cool of Wade to admit that.

I remember a couple of years ago when there was a big drama about Wade or Harden as the best SG when KD said Harden should replace Wade on a top NBA player list.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's funny that so many fake fraud NBA fans hate on Harden's game...

but guys like Wade respect it. I'm willing to bet Lebron, Durant, all those dudes have respect for Harden.

Any one with one ounce of bball knowledge knows that Harden doesnt 'Flop'. No, period. Flopping is off ball stuff, selling screens, running into guys and then acting like they ran into you. Granted, Harden does do that from time to time, but you don't even get FTs out of that unless the other team is in the penalty.

Flopping is NOT breaking down your man, breaking down the defense, driving into the lane. That is NOT flopping.

2 people like this.
  4. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Wade plays a similar game to Harden and pretty much the exact opposite game of Curry. It makes sense he'd take Harden over Curry in the MVP race. Harden excels at getting to the foul line, and in his prime Wade did as well. Even now, the first thing on the scouting report against the Heat is to look out for the 20 million head fakes Wade's going to give all game long.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe said Harden is his MVP as well. And then Ray Allen and Reggie Miller can chime in and say Curry is actually their MVP.

5. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Wade and Harden are so similar offensively. Main differences are obviously Harden is a better distance shooter but Wade has a dynamite post game.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Harden needs to develop that post game he's so big and strong compared to every other guard in the game now. Add his passing and step back jumpers and he should be able to just punish players in the post anytime.

7. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

I'm glad I'm not the only that realized this, thought I was for awhile. Harden does not possess a true post moves. Sure he gets the ball from the post alot but he almost always turn and faced his man and finished it with a dribble stepback jumper. Sometime he will do a Dirk one legged fade stepback. But the only time he actually attempt to make a back to the basket moves is when a much smaller player is stuck on him low in the post. He pretty much jump and lean towards the basket with an awkward ugly looking half hook shot. I've seen that happened maybe a dozen times during his career here.

Consistent defense and true post moves are the reason why I can't put Harden in a Lebron or Kobe talent level regardless if he ever wins a title.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

Yup, I'm almost convinced at this point that Steph Is going to win the MVP just based on the way he plays his game alone. Most NBA fans would much rather watch Steph than Harden. What's sad too is that every time the Warriors win, I always see fans commenting on how the WHOLE team played great, including players like Ezil, Bogut, Green, Iggy, etc. But when the Rockets win, It's most of the time because Harden puts the team on his back, yet apparently Stephen Curry is the MVP because his whole team plays great. What? :confused:

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He should work with McHale and the Dream in the off-season to develop his post game. He has the potential to get better at it.

11. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

That's unfair. It's early in Harden's career. Players change.

Lebron had very little post game for his first 7-8 years. The Celtics stuck Rondo on him in high-profile moments, the Mavericks stuck Kidd on him in high-profile moments, and he was unable to punish them for doing that. He got killed in the media for it and so he worked his tail off to fix the weakness.

Kobe is the opposite of "consistent defense", after 2001 his defense mostly consisted of making a big dramatic show of working hard to shut down a guy for two possessions and then taking the rest of the game off to conserve energy for offense. He kept reeling in defensive awards from people who were fooled by it but it's been more than a decade since "consistent defense" was his thing.

#11 CDrex, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Harden has added something each offseason. I'm sure a post game will get incorporated at some point.

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This is a pretty ignorant comment IMO. Neither Lebron or Kobe had a post game until later on in their careers. Harden is just getting started and is already showing signs of incorporating post play.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He's 25, man. You think he's going to just be the perfect version of himself after 4 seasons in the league?? LeBron and Kobe added post moves into their game WELL after their 4th season. Are you saying that you don't get better at things with more experience??

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Here is the story for this...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/fl-miami-heat-news-0325-20150324-story.html

Dwyane Wade endorses James Harden for MVP

Heat guard Dwyane Wade is content with not having a vote in this year's ballot for the league's most valuable player.

If he did, however, his pick would be Houston Rockets guard James Harden.

"Right now, I would say James Harden," Wade said before Tuesday's game against the Milwaukee Bucks. "It's tough. Any one of those top guys could be MVP. I would say James Harden from everything he's done for the full season, the entire season. With the injury to Dwight Howard and carrying that team in the tough Western Conference and being right up there. That's pretty impressive and he's done it all season long."

The Rockets are the No. 3 seed despite center Dwight Howard being sidelined much of the season due to injury. Harden is the NBA's second-leading scorer at 27.2 points a game while also averaging seven assists and 5.8 rebounds. The other players most commonly in the discussion are Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry and Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook.

Curry has led the Warriors to the top seed in the West while Westbrook is on the verge of taking the Thunder to the playoffs despite injuries to Kevin Durant and Serge Ibaka. The knock on Westbrook is his team has the least wins of any MVP contender, a situation Wade knows all too well.

In 2009, Wade finished third in the voting behind Kobe Bryant and LeBron James despite leading the league in scoring. The Heat were just 43-39 and lost to the Atlanta Hawks in the first round.

"I think it goes on your full body of work, whatever it is," Wade said. "I was in a position where I didn't have the most wins but I felt I deserved MVP. LeBron had a great season. He had a better record. Obviously, he got it but I don't know. That's why I'm glad I don't have to make that decision."

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

When we traded for Harden I envisioned his career path being similar to Wade's (hopefully without the nagging injuries later on). A ball-dominant 2 guard who gets to the line effortlessly.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

All he had to say was, "Harden's offense leaves girls wet. The Splash brothers make each other wet."

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

im not sure after this month james has really fell off with his shooting in the most important month in the rs. its def between him, curry and westbrook.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

So a rich man's Kevin Martin?

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Sounds good to me. Kobe and Wade were way, way, way more impactful than Ray/Reggie ever were.