1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One out of Harden, Curry and Westbrook will be left out of the 1st All-NBA team..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsJumer, Mar 23, 2015.

1. ts2mars

ts2mars Member

arguable...
    except curry's career shooting percentage is same if not better...and he had **** teammates for half his career

also teams are constantly aware of his shooting yet still can't defend it...

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If one of the 3 is left off, it will clearly be WB. Harden and Curry are guaranteed locked in.

3. showa13

showa13 Member

I think either Westbrook gets left off 1st team due to his missed games tally, or they put all 3 on there with Harden as the 3 and Russell as the 2.

I see it as either

Curry
    Harden
    Lebron
    Davis
    M. Gasol

or

Curry
    Westbrook
    Harden
    Bron
    Brow

I may be bias, but I think Harden is a lock to be 1st team. Lebron and Brow are also the other locks IMO. The last 2 spots is where it gets crowded.

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Westbrook should be left out. He's the least efficient of them, and extremely high usage and volume only translates to missing the playoffs, whereas Curry and Harden are winning a lot. Plus Westbrook missed a significant chunk of time due to injury.

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, great point, the Rockets have been snubbed before in selections/MVP, and if it means more fuel for Harden to play lights out, then I'm okay with it :) especially if it means a championship! Another example that I loved was the 1995 WCF's when our guy got to showcase why he was the true MVP.

Anyway... I wouldn't mind seeing player awards for Harden, but I am definitely prepared, and am always more interested in the playoffs.

But to stay on topic Westbrook/Harden for 1st nba, Curry I just can't stand lately... I think it's due to all the ****ty media love. I mean he's a great player, but I just feel analysts lately give him too much credit. For example put Curry on the Rockets, and I don't think he'd be in the same amount of MVP talks... And if Harden played for a big media team (not named the Rockets), he'd be instant unanimous MVP selection, instead houston gets the shaft. Hopefully Harden can reverse some of this negative image over time, but if not... We didn't need the media when we won b2b, and we don't need them now :)

6. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

I hope this is what they do. Those 5 have been the best players. If not, onsidering all these triple doubles and the Warriors record, I'm VERY worried about Harden getting left off 1st team.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

When do they choose the all NBA team?

1 of Curry or Westbrook is gone after rd 1 of the playoffS. If Harden can make it to rd2, then it is most likely those who progress who get chosen?

8. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Harden is playing as well as that guy Michael Jordan in 91-92. Jordan had 11 40 plus games and Harden is on same pace as Jordan that year offensively scoring.

The reason the ppg is different is because of the way Jordan scored the ball, a lot...more when he did go off for "44" (that's Jordan's 51 in a game).

Not to compare too much :cool: , but Harden is balling and he's tired.
    Outside of defense not many players can say they will have accomplished what he has since the Olympics, and all the injuries starting then. Harden came into this season on a mission I have not seen in a very very long time.

9. Aleron

Aleron Member

I think the voting is done before the playoffs are really under way (the first week, so you might only be at game 2), it doesn't get announced for some time though

10. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

They should leave the MVP out of the 1st all-NBA team. What's the point of recognising the same player twice, and all-NBA team is a lesser honor than MVP...