1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Went there out of curiosity and found this gem:

:grin::grin::grin:

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

Roller coasters usually go up and then down more than once. Seems like Lin goes up then down then down then down, then down some more, then waaayy down, then just crashes into an abyss.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

LOL @ Lin apologetics not knowing the difference or pretending to not knowing the difference between having bad games and throwing the game away on boneheaded plays.

Several players have had bad performances in the history of playoffs.

Not many players make costly boneheaded "plays" in back to back games. This is the Javal McGee category.

As a point guard, not knowing when to back off and run the clock....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/86xr7kUxRtQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As a point guard not knowing when to settle down and call the time out....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vh_wLpQjh6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you do not understand the value of these things, you simply do not understand playoff basketball.

Even Jeremy Lin knows how costly those turnovers were but Jeremy Lin fans have to run to defend Jeremy Lin from Jeremy Lin.

1 person likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin fans hate the truth.
    In the words of the glorious vernon maxwell today, "google it"

5. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Hope you are trolling if you think those are the only two or the top reasons the Rockets lost that series.

How about a couple of more reasons:
    1) Harden played badly offensively except for one game.
    2) Defensively the team was atrocious, especially Harden. Gotta call a spade a spade dude.

Dwight Howard was the sole reason the Rockets were in it. He was in beast mode that series.

Yes Lin had his forever remembered boneheaded plays but he also did some good. I recall some pretty clutch 4th quarter assists and free throws in a game the Rockets won, when it seemed no one else wanted the ball.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Another great all star like performance so far by Jeremiah Lin

22 minutes, 2 points on 1/8 shooting while letting Trey Burke go off on him

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

1-8 from the field including a signature nothing but glass 5 feet from the basket shot by Jeremy Lin.

Good job cheating on defense and letting another scrub, "Trey" Burke go off on you.

Jerry's basketball life - filled with ironies and LOLs.

Since The All star break.....

Since the All Star break.....

[​IMG]

#8007 Zboy, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He is apparently playing with a back spasm and wasn't sure if he could go until shortly before game time.

He had a bad shooting game, but the Lakers were not any better without him, especially in the final minutes. Lin actually made some good plays on defense and pushed the ball up the court-- and pushing the ball is just about the only way that this Lakers team could get decent looks at the basket against the Jazz.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Do you still follow the Rockets since Lin left? No shade (well, I guess a little inherent shade) -- but I'm genuinely intrigued by people who were here before his arrival but don't participate in any basketball-related area of the forum other than this thread.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The inherent flaw with Jeremy Lin is that he plays his best when he's the focal point of an offense, and him as a focal point of an offense will never get you out of the lottery.

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

We post here most of the time for comedy.

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Snoopy joined here during the Yao Ming era. You can figure the rest out. :)

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Not speaking for snoopy, but for myself, the GARM is pretty ridiculous and I don't spend much time there.

14. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

I can't figure it out, can you please explain?

15. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I've been a Rockets fan since moving to Houston in 2002. Attended 10+ home games a year consistently. Watched every single game on TV. So I was a passionate fan long before Lin. With work, social life, girlfriend, playing in corporate basketball leagues and going to the gym 3-5x a week, going out on weekends; I don't have time to post as much as I used to. I don't get to catch as many Rockets games (or NBA games) as I used to either. But I do when I can. I mainly lurk here, but don't post as much in general. What irks me is the air of subtle/back-handed racism that is commonplace in this thread (such as Zboy's Yao Ming comment above), and something I believe needs to be called out. As for the GARM, I just feel there's not much for me to add that isn't already being discussed. I find it intriguing you are tracking my internet activity. Not the first time you alluded to this either. I see you have a twitter account. Maybe you need a more balanced life and not so Rockets/CF.net obsessed? Possibly a boyfriend, gym, etc? Just a thought.

tl:dr, People have lives outside of the internet

16. Danang78

Danang78 Member

If you have something to say, just say it.

17. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

Let's judge Lin's stats while he's playing thru a back spasm. Typical LOHs :rolleyes:

18. VanityHalfBlack

I think he's insinuating that you are a bandwagon fan is my guess?

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rudy T would call it a 'non-believer'

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

More garbage from you. More excuses from Lin fans. If you're fit to start, no excuses can be made. It's not like it was a playoff game or a game of any substance. Heck the dude backed out of a playoff series twice over fairly minor injuries, especially the series against OKC. You bet that this guy would be the last to step on the court with an injury of any kind.

IMO, BS knows that Lin is the perfect tank player and he must play to ensure a successful tank.