1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(TV Show) The Flash

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmac2therack, May 15, 2014.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I too thought Wells may have been Reverse Flash but how does that work if he's fighting the Flash 15 years ago when his mother died? Is someone else the Flash in the future?

All of this time travel stuff and guessing who is who has my head spinning.

2. Nero

Nero Member

MAY not want to read this, don't click if you are allergic to speculation-based possible spoilers...

Well, if you have seen the animated Flashpoint Paradox, Barry DOES go back in time and saves his mother, and the resulting changes to the time-line bring about what is essentially global Armageddon. Once Barry becomes aware of this, he actually has to go back in time and wrestle with HIMSELF to STOP himself from rescuing his mother, for the sake of the rest of the world.

So, the ideas floated around in this thread that maybe Wells is 'Future Barry'.. seems plausible.. or that Barry was somehow wrestling with himself in the past, which would explain why it was his blood..
    And maybe Wells is having to goad Barry by being the 'Reverse Flash' because he needs Barry to go ever faster, fast enough to break through the 'speed force' and thus be ABLE to travel through time.

I get the sense though, that Wells is not future Barry, but that he DOES want Barry to become powerful enough to go back in time, probably to save the life of his wife of child or something like that..

And it definitely seems to me that Wells' power is DIMINISHING, not INCREASING.. or at least his control over the power is diminishing.

Also, I don't know why the show named a character 'Thawne' if the guy is NOT supposed to eventually turn into the 'Reverse-Flash/Dr. Zoom' .. maybe they are setting it up so that Iris leaves Eddie and goes to be with Barry, which makes Eddie turn from good guy to evil..?

I don't know if that is where the TV show is heading, but it sure seems like it.

1 person likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't think this show would make Wells future Barry just because of the reprehensible things that Wells has done. Barry would NEVER do the things Wells does, no matter the situation.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

The do seem to have done a good job with Grodd so far, as without movie magic that could have come off like a B movie. But they seem to have hit that out of the park to this point. Interested to see what Wells has cooked up with all these bad guys and interested to see why the military believes that they have convinced Wells they need to stop the superhumans. It seems less like control over the uncontrollable, as with the Hulk, but rather that the military know that the superhumans all go evil or something very bad for the world.

5. AFS

AFS Member

The CGI in this show has been pretty impressive so far. A lot of the slow-motion sequences with The Flash look great. Not quite big-budget movie quality, but still very convincing.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

I have a feeling Grodd is gonna be the big bad next season, and that TPTB are gonna dump all the budget into the season finale, making Grodd look amazing.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

But what happened to Barry's new girlfriend? No mention of her in the last episode. I get that the plot had to focus on Firestorm, but there were scenes with Iris too, at the newspaper she works for, and there was no gf.

8. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

So far Wells has not done that many things that are not redeemable. Also If he is Barry from the future he will be Barry from a future he wants to avoid, and if that future is bad enough he has adapted. Overall I think Wells is just someone who believes in doing the everything for the greater good. And I think that is a decision Barry will have to make in the season finale, choose something bad now so the future will be brighter.

My reaction to the spoilers
    Wow really that actually fits with everything I thought so far.

I do not know if there are 2 Wells or just one. 2 Wells would explain how Wells got beat up by the yellow flash

Overall I really like the show

9. SK34

SK34 Member

anyone watch it today?

10. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

**** that cliffhanger!
    :(

I can't comprehend.

11. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

This show is just wow...cant even begin to talk about the amazingness that was the last episode. Even hours later im still kind of speechless

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

My mouth was open for the last 15 minutes of the episode. Too many mind-blowing reveals so I don't think any of it will stick. I sure as hell hope Cisco dying wont stick; he's the Felicity of this show. I was excited and bummed when Barry time traveled after all the crazy ass events, so you know everything will be reversed.

I can't believe The Flash is still in its first season. 20+ episodes is just too much for shows like this. It feels like we are in the middle of the 2nd season. Just think about everything that's been introduced: Reverse Flash, Grodd, Firestorm, we already got two crossovers, Haven't even mentioned the rogues yet.

13. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

A veritable smorgasbord of comic book fun! This show is simply amazing. :)

By the way, I love the way the actor who portrays Cisco played his death scene with Eobard Thawne / Reverse Flash / Dr. Wells - you could just see his despair stemming from the betrayal and hopelessness of his situation...

14. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Usually a bigger Caitlin fan (boobs), but Cisco knocked his scenes out of the park.

The last 15min were as captivating as any TV I've seen.

15. SexyButIgnorant

Got so pissed when Reverse Flash killed Cisco! He is my favorite character, but man, those last 10 minutes were something else. Gladly, it looks like Barry going back in time probably means he will be able to save Cisco

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

As awesome as that last 10 minutes were, the ending killed it all for me. They are likely just gonna reset everything.

The one big takeaway was the actor who played Cisco, that last scene was amazing. Even if reset, that character just moved up some levels in my book.

17. SK34

SK34 Member

why is the reverse flash trying to kill flash?

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

He's not trying to kill The Flash, he is helping him. Reverse Flash is stuck in the past and needs The Flash to get him back to his time.

19. SK34

SK34 Member

but he clearly said, he wanted to kill the flash when he went back in time but instead ended up killing his mother.

how would killing flash at that time allow the reverse flash to go back to his time?

Or i might need to go watch it again cause i'm missing something

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think I saw Cisco in the previews for next week.
    I am not more interested in his familial relationship

Rocket River