1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is even the point of Pablo Prigioni?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Mar 13, 2015.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Then why play Troy and Shved. Neither guys impressed on D either.

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Had no idea why we gave up two 2nds for a guy who isn't going to be in the rotation.

Honestly it's a tough choice between him and Terry, Prigioni has better ball handling and can make some nice passes in short spurts, but Terry is a better shooter and we desperately need that.

3. #TheBeard

#TheBeard Member

they never got consistent minutes.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pablo is a small bandaid and a short time decision. His age does not say he will be in the league long term.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It's about mileage too. He doesn't seem to have the legs of a 37 yr old ball player.

6. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Lots of 0's on the stat line tonight for The Prig in big minutes.

I repeat the question: What is even the point of Pablo Prigioni? Not just on the Rockets, but why is he even in the NBA?

7. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Apparently, 12mins of playing time is considered as "big minutes" :rolleyes:

8. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Big enough to make a shot or grab a rebound or steal a ball or block a shot if you're anyone except The Prig.

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I wish McHale would have read this thread and put u in the game :mad:

10. Rocket_Man_2.0

Prigioni kinda sucks...I'd rather see Mchale work in Nick Johnson before the playoffs. At least he can drive to the basket.

11. Houston79Astro

12 minutes? Not very fair to judge him on one night of play after not playing for two straight weeks. That's like saying he is a assist God because he got 5 assist in 6 minutes. They kept him in with harden which isn't a good idea since prigs is not a great shooter. He should only be playing when harden sits. I like what every single one of our players and what they bring to the table. O just get annoyed when McHale miss manages them.

12. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Someone start a PLAY NICK JOHNSON thread...

13. stab

stab Member

I bet the Spurs would love to have Prig on their team right now, especially Manu..

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He has a lot of international experience and is a fossil but each time I look at him as he steps out on the court in Rockets uniform, I cant help but wonder what the hell is he doing out there.

His body language makes me nervous, when its supposed to inspire confidence. You can see that nervousness in his shots as well.

I guess bumming around on the Knicks does take a lot out of you.

15. NuttyEd

NuttyEd Member

Did anyone see another Rockets PG reject (Shved) post 21pts 7assists and 1 turnover in 36 minutes playing time against the Spurs.

16. NuttyEd

NuttyEd Member

...add 3 steals and 3 rebounds to the stat line

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Schved is now in NY, and his defense is so bad that he merited a mention from Zach Lowe

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-2015-marc-gasol-all-stars-your-guide-to-the-most-watchable-players-in-the-nba/

10. Alexey Shved’s Defense

Shved’s been piling up stats across the box score, filling minutes for the league’s most miserable watch — but if he keeps blatantly mailing in defense, he’ll remain on the edge of NBA extinction. Shved treats every perimeter player like a total nonshooter, giving them a laughable amount of air space in which to drive. And when those players do drive, Shved just backs up with them, maintaining the same distance. He’s allergic to contact.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I told you guys he was fools gold. Especially the idiots who defended Morey saying he shoots 40% or so from 3 point land so is a good fit.

LOL 40% on 2 point attempts a game is fools gold.

So much for all that anlaysis and number crunching by Murray and his team.

Eye stats > Morey stats.

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

You truly suck. Let's wait for the playoffs before we judge trades, shall we?

And you misspelled analysis

20. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Without Prigioni, our roster consists of two point guards. One is 79 years old and one plays with such reckless abandon that he may injure himself any given night.

If one of them went down right before/during the playoffs every single member on this board would gladly give up two second round picks for a veteran point guard.

It's insurance.