1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AMC's The Walking Dead [Season 5]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CheezeyBoy22, Jun 14, 2014.

1. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Bad writing

2. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Little harsh...I thought it was funny.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I thought it was funny as well.

The criticism of this show never ceases to amaze me.

The show is in a weird spot. They keep introducing new black characters to keep up racial diversity, but when it comes time to kill someone that the audience will care about, they don't want to kill one of the stars. So they are left with only black people to kill.

I've noticed that outside of Michonne and I guess Sasha, every black character they bring in is weak in some way. Bob was a recovering alcoholic who somehow was constantly screwing up. Noah was a gimp. Tyreese was a wuss. TDawg was...I don't know was he even real? Gabriel is a coward and a traitor.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Everybody aaaaaaate Chriiiiiiissssss

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

May I ask what is Deana's position in this or what does she stand for in the comics?

The group might take this town no matter what as it seems.

6. justtxyank

The thing is, a conflict is going to happen now even though Gabriel is wrong. He claimed they would put their own lives in front of Deana's people, but nothing could be further from the truth.

When things get tight, they've proven that they won't leave anyone to die. Abraham basically threw his life away to save that chick. The only reason he survived is because the others grew some balls at the last minute.

When Deana's son is alive, Glenn is the one who doesn't want to abandon him.

Yet despite all that, the conflict will come and the little weasel Gabriel poisoned the water because he is going crazy. Now when Rick has to deal with Jessie's husband it will look bad.

7. justtxyank

My wife called it. Anytime a new black character is seen on screen, it's time to start the countdown to when one of them is killed.

8. ths balla

ths balla Member

Not trying to attack you, but I don't understand the whole racial diversity thing. I only count one asian and one hispanic whom are clearly outnumbered in representation yet no one is complaining or pointing it out. I would watch the show if everyone was all black, white, hispanic or asian, does not bother me because people are people. Don't understand why there always has to be some racial tangent, funny or serious.

9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Well, that part of the country has a higher percentage of Blacks, so it would make sense that there are more Blacks than Asians or Hispanics. It is just a funny running theme with the show. Like when TDawg gets killed, you suddenly had the Black prisoners appear and when they get killed, Sasha and Tyreese show up. Now Noah died and Gabriel might soon, so I wouldn't be surprised if some more Blacks show up. The one Asian and Hispanic character is why they will survive, unless another Asian and Hispanic show up. :grin:

10. ths balla

ths balla Member

I get that funny tangent of it, but I did not now that people actually got mad or was viewed as a negative of the show, which seems laughable.

11. justtxyank

I'm not mad about it, I find it hilarious and I wonder if the show writers are trolling people about the horror cliche. But literally man, anytime a black character gets introduced, another one died.

The death knell is if they give them an episode that explores who they are.

BOB gets the episode that is supposed to make us like him (Alone) he dies. Tyreese becomes the focal point of that episode in Noah's hometown, he dies. (Think about that, it was Noah's hometown where his dead family was, but the show focuses on the struggles of Tyreese! LOL) TDawg got his first lines in forever in an episode and they made him a hero? Dead. Noah gets dialogue about becoming an architect? Dead. LOL

12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xKUwcCp7LPE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. justtxyank

To be fair, Noah was poppin headshots off like a mad man before they got stuck in that door.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Plus that was one of the sickest deaths we've seen on the show by far.

15. justtxyank

Easily the most graphic. It got a little uncomfortable at the end. Felt like one of those Family Guy skits where the joke just goes on too long.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I was eating and had to look away.

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

It'll be interesting if they change it from how it went down in the comics. And dang Gabriel is such an a-hole. He is actually worst then the group. He could've saved people but chose not to.

18. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

The rule seems to mainly apply to the black male characters. I'm sure the preacher has to be the next to go...especially with what he did. Morgan should be coming back soon so he should become our main black male character

19. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Immma go all Kanye on y'all; Robert Kirkman hates black peoples...:p

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not sure about the males but Michonne should stay a lot longer and Sasha should be there at least for this season finale.