1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] James Harden on the no-call and the one-game suspension (UPDATE: NBA admits they got it wron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 4, 2015.

1. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

What makes you think they're not gonna do the same crap they did last year in the playoffs. NOTHING gonna change. Just take winning and loosing out of your impetus for watching and you will not get so frustrated.

2. baubo

baubo Member

I think if we meet Memphis in the playoffs, I think the league will make sure to give Harden his calls. If they claim they're wrong, then repeat the same mistake later, it shows incompetence.

Now, it's possible the league will allow other stuff, like perhaps give ZBo more leeway to bully DMo or Allen to be physical with Harden. But at least on drives, they'll probably give Harden more benefit of the doubt.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So will the NBA gift us a game now?

4. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

God, I hate how rigged this league is.

It's really magnified down the stretch in close games, but really you can see it happening throughout a game if you watch closely. From getting a good player in foul trouble with a quick 2 weak whistles, forcing them to the bench. To the reaction whistles where they'll just whistle when someone drives to the paint and falls (Harden gets a lot of these, so it has to off-set I guess).

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

this is a great post and the most logical one.

6. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Has there ever been any discussion of having another ref on the floor (or on the sidelines, whatever)? I hope this new last-two-minute-review policy by the NBA will actually lead to some significant changes in how the games are officiated, 'cause right now - it ain't working.

I mean, if the Rockets lost last night because Harden just flat-out missed a lay-up, I think most fans can live with that - granted, we might not be to happy about it and create a "Player X is Garbage" thread - but at least you can say the better team won. Right now, I don't think anyone can say that... especially when you see Lee shooting FT's on a touch foul less than a minute prior to the no-call arm hack on Harden. If fouls aren't being called fairly and consistently, then that seriously impacts the credibility of the sport.

7. Victorious

Victorious Member

so they admit it, what does that mean? are the refs held accountable? like do they get minus points or a red mark or something?

8. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

I don't understand the logic behind swallowing the whistles in the last 30 seconds. I get that why want to let the game decide it self but that's absolute bull to me. Knowing they want call it, players can found and do things knowing they will get away with it as long as it isn't completely obvious. If they really wanted to let the game decide it self, just get rid of refs and let the players do a they please for 48 mins. To me it doesn't matter if it's be first minute of the game or the last, you continue to make calls no matter what because guess what, those type of fouls DO decide a game.

9. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Won't* foul* as*

10. pspeers

pspeers Member

**** the refs

they now admit it was blown call. thanks gave them a 2 1/2 game lead and droped us to the 4 seed. thxz but no thx the nba can f off.

11. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Exactly. Dallas put us out of the playoffs because raggedy ass Cuban sent tapes of Yao and they called illegal screens it seemed on every play he set a screen after that. We are the Rockets and will never get respect . I damn near expect horrible calls every game.

12. banzai

Refs makin it it up to the rockets @ portland tonight. Go dallas! (Squeamishly)

13. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Great so the NBA releases a statement saying that they made the wrong call.. does that mean they're going to go and try to make better calls in the future? Definitely not going to hold my breath on waiting..

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Nothing was more comical than the refs apologizing for the egregious call on Howard in Game 1 last year, then turning around and having to apologize for another call in the same damn series.

These reports don't do much. They can certainly hold refs accountable for their mistakes, but they'll never make up for missed calls in real time, which are the only thing that matters.

15. banzai

Refs jobs are to perpetuate narratives nba is currently on and extending playoff series. Follow the money .

16. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

lol harden will probably get more calls now until someone complains and then it all starts again and again. I'm sure the NBA doesn't want the attention on the refs heading into the post season.

17. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

This stuff is good to build a library of when people come after us in the conference and nba finals when harden gets alot of calls. we can show them how we got screwed also and say suck it...deal with it

18. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

The NBA isn't going to just start penalizing refs right out of the box. Some of you are very shortsighted on this matter...

19. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

In the old days, everybody spoke out: Rudy T, Elie, Dream and especially Vernon! Now, McHale does a lil water bottle hitting a table and b**** to the media. The lack of balls within this organization is starting to piss me off!

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This will have lasting repercussions and hopefully will impact how Refs call the game in the playoffs.