1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New York Times: Hillary Clinton illegally used private email for all State Dept. business

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Maybe because Elliot Spitzer got jobbed from the FBI peeking into his Gmail and suspecting something that turned out to be unrelated to the original intent of the tap.

Yeah, "they" listen to everyone.

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

When Hillary sends an email, she has no idea if it will come back to haunt/incriminate her.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the Clintons are crooks, their marriage is a sham, and Bill is a sexual predator

things we all know but must pretend not to

4. Nook

Nook Member

Really? Any moreso than the Bush's or Kennedy's or any other powerful family?

A 40 year sham? Why do you even care...

Having lots of women wanting to have sex with him does not make him a "predator".

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

A private email server for sensitive government works isn't just any typical home made server. That's why I'm curious to know more, but probably no one care. If for whatever reason I decided not to use government email server, I wouldn't rely on anybody server. It has to meet certain reliability and security standards. It has to be 24/7 fault tolerance with automatic backup in case it does go down and with the backup at multiple locations. It has to be monitor for hack, update frequently to cover security holes, integrity checked and updated as needed. Anyhow, that's why I don't think that she would just use any service. Whatever she used, you would think, tested and vetted, even maybe by government agency. It's likely not something that can be setup in total secrecy unless it's done by the government.

If I'm in the news business, I would dig into who setup and maintain the server. You probably get more clues from there. All this guessing on why she use such a server is worth jack other than for political hits.

1 person likes this.
  6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Nook:

Can you tell me Bill is not afraid of lying under oath?

7. Nook

Nook Member

He may very well be.

We saw it with RR and other figures... including BC in the past.

If someone wants to question is honesty or integrity, so be it..... the "sham marriage" and "sexual predator" angle are tangents though that are either irrelevant or absurb and in all honesty errode the larger point.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Pretending is when one care enough to do so. I personally don't care about their marriage or their oral sex history. I care about governing ability.

I like Bill. Never had any high view of Hillary. She's almost on the Bush 2 level to me.

9. g1184

g1184 Member

I didn't think this thread would produce anything of value, but txtony proved me wrong. If the storyline follows this path, a lot more people would be interested and the republicans might actually come away with something, instead of the current speculate-and-accuse strategy.

10. FV Santiago

FV Santiago Member

With the anti-incumbent/anti-establishment mood of the voting public today and the continued filth that is sure to come out on Hillary Clinton, I'm starting to think that she will have a very difficult time getting elected. I'd say the environment is more ripe today than in 2007 for her to get ousted in the Democratic primary. The country is ready to move in a new direction, and needs some new blood. They don't want to see a coronation of yesterday's news. I also think that the attack ads against Hillary will be quite punishing. Especially given the brutal 7 hours of torture that Christopher Stevens endured and Hillary did nothing to stop (and then blew it off in front of questioning).

11. Major

Major Member

I'm pretty sure she can safely assume that if she sends an email saying "Happy Birthday!" to one of her staff members, or a group email saying "Don't forget about our meeting at 10am today", those will not come back to haunt her. The vast majority of sensitive communication is not going to be done by email, and the vast majority of communication by email is going to be pretty ho-hum everyday stuff. You're talking about a small portion that might be in any way controversial.

If you wanted to do it in secret, you'd use a government address for all the everyday junk and your super-secret off-books email address (that we've known about for a few years now) for limited things. It would be much easier to hide that way.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Marriages that the Commodore is opposed to:

1. The Clintons
    2. Same-sex

Libertarianism ftw.

13. Classic

Classic Member

Good post.

Not sure that all actions by the Dept of State should be transparent but it would seem that it was the intent to be secretive from the get-go while Obama is preaching to the public about the need for more transparency post Bush.

sigh

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Not really. If anyone called you out on your super secret email and asked you to turn over documents, you'd have to say no. Then there'd be a big stand-off. If all your emails are secrets, you can say "here's 55,000 pages worth. As you can see, all my correspondence is a bunch of boring happy birthday messages to staffers." Meanwhile, you delete all the sensitive stuff, and who could say what was missing? Your way is better in that it's somewhat less likely the question ever comes up. But what if it does come up anyway? I think her way is easily the superior.

15. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Reagan's administration sold arms to Iran, probably helped spread crack in America thanks to the Contras, might have rigged the release of the Iranian hostages for political gain, funded Saddam, provided arms to Osama Bin Laden and the beginnings of the Taliban.

But because he's got a certain ideology, at least his marriage seemed okay.:confused::confused::confused:

Clinton has far greater sins (ex: DOMA/GLB Act). I find your need to obsess over his sex life fascinating.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Snowden taught her well.

HO HO HO!

17. Major

Major Member

But the point is to avoid it coming up. As it is, it's a controversy - even if nothing was deleted. And everyone who wants to believe the worst will do regardless.

Besides, if it was this big a deal to you to have certain communications not available for archive, it seems a whole lot easier to just not put those things in email in the first place.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with JV. I think it would be more suspicious of her to be using two email addresses since if push came to shove their would be demands to looking into the sensitive one. Instead they can create a snow job of thousands of innocuous emails from one account.

Anyway this is yet another mountain out of a molehill (pending anything new coming out). As has been noted repeatedly Clinton didn't break any laws doing this and and other Sec. of State along with other government officials in both parties have done the same thing.

19. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Looks like Hillary wasn't the only one.

Seems Jeb had his own email server as well while Gov of FL.