1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, you're right. The professional NBA coach Byron Scott was trying to imprison Lin at the cost of his team, because it was more important to him to make sure Lin could never show whatever skills he might have than to actually do his job.

But Scott got pushed into freeing Lin.

2. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Some 12 years old posting some non-sense and you guys all take so serious. LOL

3. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

To be fair, there are probably a bunch of 12 year olds in this thread. Or at least the way they act.

4. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Obvious LOF. That lineup would be the worst defensive team in the history of the NBA. Sure they would probably score 110 points but they would give up 150. JUST LOL BRAH

1 person likes this.
  5. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Peculiar conspiracy theories to the side, there really is something different going on with the lineups since the allstar break. Byron is playing lineups that make sense for Lin's skillset (spreading the floor), and he's letting Lin run the offense with a lot of pick and rolls. Neither of those things were happening much at all before the allstar break.

In turn Lin seems to have flipped a switch on his most risky plays.

If I was going to take a guess, I would say those two things were closely related.

The biggest difference between this and his previous stints of good play is that the turnovers are much lower, and the points are a little bit lower.

6. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I think the real question at this point is will the voters have the courage to reward Lin as 1st team all NBA like he deserves or will they chicken out again and marginalize him by placing him on the 2nd or (lulz) 3rd teams.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you check the lakers site some of same lof are there too.

Who would join a lakers site and a rockets site? Someone who doesn't belong on either fan base.

Also rookies are suspicious.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I know you didn't check that site out tinman ;)

9. tinman

Supporting Member

I was curious because other great posters like Zboy told me about the infestation there.

We have nothing in common with lakers fans but it seems they react the same way when facing an infestation.

It's like the measles.

10. langal

langal Contributing Member

Lineups should be geared to enhance JLin's stats. You obviously suck at basketball.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Lin reminds of the cup the bad guy chooses in Indiana jones the last crusade.
    The shiny expensive cup must be the holy grail

12. RESINator

RESINator Member

Mr. Hyde is anxious to play. After 5 games of Dr. Jekyll, its time to bring out the beast.

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I bet he can't even dunk lmao

14. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Triple Double Time! 10 TO's, 0/10 and 10 BA, Let's go!

15. SunsRocketsfan

Lin with a couple of nice games. The guy clearly belongs in the NBA. A lot of NBA players can't even score 20 pts if they tried and Lin clearly can do it. The problem is he isn't good enough to be a focus of an offense. His role is probably as a combo 1/2 guard off the bench.

The thing I hate about the LOF's is they make ridiculous statements like.. if Lin had Dantoni + Parsons + Novak , etc etc he would average 20+ and 10+ a game.. That's all they care about is Lin's INDIVIDUAL stats.. No owner/GM in their right mind woudl assemble a team like that. Their goal is not to make Lin look good and appease his fanatical fan base. Their goal is to build and put a winning product/team on the floor.

Anyways looks like the LOF's and the LOH's are equally crazy. I think the LOF's are just annoying and ignorant and the LOH's are just trolls and doing it on purpose though.

16. mig0s

mig0s Member

When Lin started in NYC during Linsanity, they won all their games until he got injured. And that team had scrubs like Novak and Jeffries. So yeah having an offense focused on Lin doesnt not mean the team will automatically lose.

17. Allegro

Allegro Member

100 percent ad hominem.
    Zero percent constructive discussion.

Thanks for admitting you lost.

18. Allegro

Allegro Member

Except it's not a losing team -- since Lin's been freed, the Lakers have gone 3-1.

Of course, I expect Byron Scott the Tank Commander to arrange a lot more losses by limiting Lin's minutes -- especially if Lin is on fire.

19. Allegro

Allegro Member

No. You only imagine I do that, because you're totally delusional.

20. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

There is a reason why I love Draymond Green.