1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale via ESPN: unrealistic to expect old Dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Feb 25, 2015.

1. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

WTH! How did this become an "I hate McHale" thread? Geeezz... But anyway, get healthy Dwight. the team will need you in the playoffs.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

we dead

should we evacuate yet

3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I mean, who really thought 2011 Dwight was walking through that door at this point? It is really not a revelation for McHale to say that, it's pure expectations management.

I don't need Blazers series Dwight, I'll take Early 2014 Regular Season Dwight. I think that guy is still in there. But even if he's not, the Dwight from earlier this season is hugely valuable.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

What does he mean by Old Dwight? The one from Orlando? If so, I agree. We'll never see that Dwight again. I don't think I expected that Dwight when we signed him in 2013.

If he means the Dwight from last season and the beginning of this one, then I'd be more than a little concerned. You don't wanna be paying 21 mil/yr for the guy if you're not gonna get that kind of production out of him anymore.

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

A ridiculous opinion. Follow the clutch heard about McHale until the heard changes if you want.

Hate McHale if you want, but to say he would not be in the know about Dwight's health.

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

For many in the heard it is McHale's fault that Dwight in injured, we do not have the best record in the NBA, and we didn't win by more last night against the Clippers .

7. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Wait, so he won't be a black hole of offensive suckage and turnovers most nights on the offensive end while trying to be the post player he thinks he isn't then ?? Wow, that'd be kind of nice for a change then...

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Little question:

Who has more input from the Rockets medical staff? McHale or a bunch of CF posters like you? Coaches are in constant exchange with the medical staff.

9. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

They also used the caveat "this season" and then went on to explain that this treatment requires immobility and a slow build up back to full contact play. That alone should tell you that even under the best circumstances he won't be at peak form before the playoffs.

Would anyone believe him if he had said "yes, we expect him at his old form by the end of April"?

10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Pretty sure it's not our money.

12. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

McHale is setting the table for the "we want you to play like DeAndre Asik" intervention with Dwight.