1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 2/25/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2015.

1. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

I guess this makes sense. After all..Clyde did say Joey Dorsey is almost impossible to box out lol

I'll be at the game tonight. Rockets have lost the last 4 times I've gone to see them against the Clippers. They're bound to finally win one..Right guys?? Please tell me I'm right :( lol

2. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Very big game would be great to win this one particularly

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Officials for Rockets-Clippers tonight: Monty McCutchen,Mark Ayotte andDerrick Collins.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/570599697254998016">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

I really hope Mchale makes some significant changes for this game. If it were me, I would start Smith over D-Mo and let Smith bang with Jordan. Then bring D-Mo off the bench because the clips bench can't guard him. Then I'd put Ariza on reddick and harden on Barnes. And brewer on Crawford. Who knows if that would work but man we really need to change it up because we haven't been able to beat them in a long time. It's annoying.

1 person likes this.
  5. Airdough

Airdough Member

The last thing you want to do is give a potential first round playoff opponent a bunch of new looks. It's the regular season, you need to win straight up and then throw wrinkles like that in the playoffs.

If Portland had used Matthews to go at Harden during the regular season, it wouldn't have caught the Rockets flat footed come playoff time.

6. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

The Clippers depth is rough to beat. It's like they find mins for a 20-man rotation. Getting their bigs into foul trouble will be a crucial momentum boost

7. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

This is true. But I just don't see Mchale doing that in the playoffs either. He's so stubborn.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Growing up in the 90's never in my wildest dreams would I have thought the Los Angeles F**king Clippers would be my most feared opponent. Good god, if anything we are due to have a hot shooting game against this team.

1-11 since Chris Paul got there. Just for the LOL's, here's our box score in that one win.

But we win tonight. :grin:

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Griffin and Dwight is a wash.

Neither team is B2B, Rockets are at home, and we owe LAC several losses.

If we lose, the entire team needs their ass whooped.

10. Remlap

Remlap Member

A 50/50 split and trading punches is a great rivalry.
    Even 40/60 is somewhat respectable.

But being owned EVERY TIME is disheartening.

Rockets should really get up for Clip games to keep from being embarrassed.
    Time to put on the big boy pants and give them a punch in the mouth.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

I nominate you "Coach for a Day." Sounds better than "play harder."

1 person likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I swear the only Rocket players that have played well against the Clippers the last several years have been Chandler Parsons and Isaiah Canaan who only played 5 minutes before he went down with an ankle injury.

Update: They aren't on the team anymore.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Pat Beverley not at shoot around today- he is listed as questionable for tonight against Clippers with flu symptoms.</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/570624476057968640">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Kind of odd to me that we haven't tried Ariza on Redick. I can recall a handful of matchups where McHale has elected to go with Ariza on the 2 guard / Harden on the SF, but this isn't one of them. JJ always seems to kill us, which wouldn't be awful if Harden didn't always shoot so poorly against the Clips. :mad:

But man -- it sure would be nice to win this one.

1 person likes this.
  15. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Okay, now this is a game where I would definitely put Harden on Chris Paul, put Brewer in at SG and let him guard Reddick. Gotta play the match-ups, I don't care if it messes with our usual line-up!!

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Put Harden on Matt Barnes and no one else!!!!

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This game scares me honestly. The Clips are REALLY good at bottling up Harden via team D and forcing our other players to hit open shots, something they have proven they suck at. If the Brick Brigade rears its ugly head this game, we might get blown out if we don't crunch down on D and pack the paint.

18. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Why you put Harden on CP3? Harden would just get screened to death anyway

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets vs Clippers tonight on Ric Flair's birthday. Coincidence???6:30 pre, 7pm tip on <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsTalk790">@SportsTalk790</a>

WOOOOOO!!! <a href="http://t.co/WWZfGY7Gh9">pic.twitter.com/WWZfGY7Gh9</a></p>&mdash; Craig Ackerman (@ca_rockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/ca_rockets/status/570628649554087936">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Ariza has played great D against PGs in the past