1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miami Heat watch thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by peleincubus, Feb 19, 2015.

1. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

This is what I'm expecting. And if they can pick up one other buyout player, they will be a very tough 7 game out for any eastern conference team. They have about 30 games to build some chemistry.

2. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

But the point is that EVERYONE expected Riley to just fold his chair and rebuild as a lottery team after Lebron left. Slowly and with a lot of luck (Whiteside and now Dragic) and some preplanning not to give up (signing Bosh to that big deal to keep him and bringing in Deng), Miami is still relevant in the conversation without going through a complete rebuild for Wade's final years there. They will be a playoff team and competing, even if not the favorite, for the duration of Wade's career. You just have to give Riley credit for that, even if they don't win another title.

3. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

Looks like Bosh may possibly be out this season for medical reasons. Nothing confirmed yet as far as I can tell. If he is, then I don't see the Heat making the playoffs.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If so wow. And ad melo to. Morey should probably count his blessings.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

I'm hoping Dragic's situation mirrors Dwight's.

Dwight did not want to come here originally. Publicly forced a trade from Orlando. Word was he wouldn't re-sign if Morey traded for him. His agent tried his best to get him to the Nets because Deron and the sponsorship opportunities. Lakers experience was a horror run. Finally ends up signing in Houston.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Sorry, I know it is tacky but I can't help but have some glee over the news on Bosh. **** him, **** Dragic, and **** the Miami Heat. That is all.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Lets cheer for a guy to get hurt. That is pretty terrible. Makes the fan base look bad.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well at least you know it's tacky.

9. MD_in_Training

Bosh might have a pulmonary embolism. Sucks for the Heat... unless there is a reason for this to be a provoked PE, he may have to be on lifelong anticoagulation. I wonder if he can even play basketball while on anticoag.

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

WTF?

I'm not a fan of the Heat either, but I'm not happy about Bosh.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm sympathetic towards Bosh and his family. I couldn't care less about the Heat though. I will confess that I am glad that Dragic will likely wind up in a situation no better than in Phoenix with regard to the standings. He'll be on a team barely clinging to the 8th seed.

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Exactly. I know that my previous post was crass but I still have resentment towards Bosh for how he did us this past summer. Obviously, money meant more to him than to try to team up with 2 superstars and win another title. And then you have Dragic forcing his way out of Phoenix and only wanting to go to these big market teams that suck (with the exception of the Heat) and like you said, he'll be lucky if the Heat even get into the playoffs.

I hope Riley enjoys what he is doing here because the Heat are going to start crashing and burning real soon and boy, it is going to be fun to watch!

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Money? tens of millions of dollars is more like it. Plus a happy wife = happy life. Plus he already has titles. Plus this now goes beyond basketball.

I have no hard feelings towards Bosh for his free agency.

14. Major

Major Member

Horrible that he did the same thing 99% of athletes across all sports do. If the good players all only signed with good teams, every league would be a total disaster.

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I don't think dragic fits in Miami. I think he'll end up leaving after the year is up.