1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx: Rockets will go after Durant hard in 2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Feb 18, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

OKC asked about Brook Lopez and got Enes Kanter. We never tried to get any center.

Pinning all our hopes on a Dwight comeback and a Dragic signing.

Will Prigs and Terry still be here in July? We start the entire process again?

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Harden will be walking after his contract ends (2017?) if all we do is chase our own tail.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I also noticed this when going over the email that was sent out breaking down all the trade discussions that Morey had.

4. zigzag

zigzag Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/2/sort/DRPM/position/9

there are lots of players who seems to be tough and doesn't defend anyone.
    so is kanter.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/2/sort/DRPM/position/9

everything he has done on the court was negative

5. zigzag

zigzag Member

6. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Well, the critics seem to love Morey's moves. Dwyer over at Y! just gave the Rockets an A for their trades. #winning ?

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

When cyberx said this I had a feeling it was a PR leak by the Rockets to soften the blow of a failed deadline.

8. Remii

Remii Member

Yup... I think that should be the biggest concern instead of day dreaming about KD. Who probably has no intentions of staying in the south if he leaves OKC.

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This was initially my thought as well - it heightens the chance that Dwight shows up against OKC.

... Got to make it out of the first round though first.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol I can see you can't mentally grasp what i'm saying. Puff up your chest and tell me to stop crying again, big man.

Obviously, the best morey could do was Prigs and staying pat at center, because I'm not taking my time make up a trade idea for Larsv8, a day after the deadline passed, on a ****ing basketball forum!

What i'm saying IS, if morey wasn't focused on keeping flexibility this deadline, he would of done better then Prigioni and staying pat at C. If you can't see that, then i'm sorry. It's obvious morey values having flexibility more for future seasons, then to buckling down to win this season. Do you really think if Morey was putting all the chips on the table for this season, that we would of had the same deadline? Don't kid your self. I just hope his damn flexibility comes through, and that we're not Boshed by Durant and left ****ed with wasting valuable years of our stars contracts, and careers.

11. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Morey going to put all his eggs in that third star again huh, when will he learn?

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

One would hope if Durant(and no one else) comes here in 2016, that he(and Les who I think is the real driving force behind this) will devise a new strategery for building a contender.

In a way, Morey's kinda been forced to already. I was clamoring for him on here to focus on improving the team's defense and depth and he has done a very good job in those areas.

While I'd love Durant in Rockets red, I'd be perfectly content with getting a quality starting PG, a backup big man, and solidifying our bench(i.e. resign Smith and Brewer). The Rockets don't need another superstar to be a contender. They just need a reliable playmaker aside from Harden(not that I'd complain of course if they landed both).

13. marky :)

marky :) Member

There has to be a balance between "standing pat" and having flexibility. I don't think a team should rely heavily on one side or the other.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You aren't saying anything.

You are making broad generalizations about something you know nothing about in a whining manner. You aren't privy to Morey's thinking. You have no idea what was discussed and what wasn't.

You are making acute opinions on a basis of ignorance.

Again, if you saw a specific move Morey could have made, which would be a clear illustration to support your point, show us, otherwise no one cares about your b****ing and moaning.

The only thing you have shown is that when your position is challenged, you can't defend it.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Absolutely. As a fan, I'm not asking Morey to put us in cap hell and trade for McGee and Williams but I expected for Morey to fill our positions of needs with players among the likes of Jarrett Jack or a Miles Plumlee, or something.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol my position has been challenged! help! I can't defend my self... I must hide! No buddy I just don't really care.

You want names for your own pleasure, I named a couple already. Jarrett Jack, who's a quality guard on a fair contract that has a team option for the 2016 free agency. He would of been perfect. Plumlee was moved, i'm sure he wouldn't of cost much. Hill, JJ Hickson, who knows? It's silly to name particular players because there's hundreds of scenario's that would of lead us to a better trade deadline.

17. larsv8

I respect that you get to have an opinion, even if I do not agree.

#157 larsv8, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  18. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

As much as being positive is a good thing, don't attack posters who are stating facts and try to pressure them into an offer they obviously know nothing about it.

Its simple Morey surfaced the immediate present for the future its plain and simple, weather thats a bad or good thing many will argue, but u can not say that he didn't , because those trades are done and we know what teams got

Dragic: two firsts and granger

It: Thornton, and clev first

We could have easily beaten both these offers by simply offering the NOP pick...
    and that would have FILLED the biggest need on this team, hell tragic would have made us top 3 favored to win it all... pointing out that we r currently 4th in the west with a great record does jack, because if in the playoffs harden runs out of gas (like last year) or has a couple of bad games, we don't have enough enough playmates to cover it up, and let me assure you every team will run 2-3 ppl at harden ALOT....just a shame even if it was for one year , to think what dragic or lawson would have brought to this team

1 person likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol what a jackass.

20. larsv8

I apologize to you, I shouldn't have embarrassed you like that. I am going to remove my post.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.