1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miami Heat watch thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by peleincubus, Feb 19, 2015.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Besides the Mavs, and forever and always the Jazz. I have a team that I hope loses every game.

the new big 3...bosh,wade,dragic

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This team isn't going to do much damage.

They need Wade to stay 100% healthy, need Bosh to grow some cajones, and hope Dragic lives up to the high teens contract he'll be paid next year.

But wait, you say, didn't the Rockets (fans) want to pay Dragic that, too? Sure, with a healthy, MVP candidate Harden, and a better supporting cast...

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Whiteside, Bosh, Wade, Deng, with McBob coming back next year, Dragic probably signing long-term.

Riley has quietly reloaded again.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

I disagree, somewhat. Just like OKC, Miami is a team that no one wants to face in the playoffs - status is right there with the Cavs.

I'm not sure if Miami will push itself (and therefore Wade) to try and get HCA, but rather, just secure a playoff spot at the expense of Wade not playing, just so he can rest.

A rested / healthy Wade in a Dragic/Wade/Deng/Bosh/Whiteside lineup is scary.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

It'll be interesting to see how much playing time Zoki gets now.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Uh, the only reason why they're "nobody wants to face" is that the other sub .500 team in the East playoffs(Charlotte) is much worse.

That doesn't really mean the Heat are that good. They might catch Milwaukee for 6th seed. They'll draw Chicago or Toronto or Cleveland or ,Washington and probably lose. They might win....who cares though.

Next year they'll be a year older with the exact same roster & no draft picks.

7. i3artow i3aller

Don't forget Whiteside.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

it would probably be a bad move to pay dragic max money at age 32-34. but i will root against the heat simply because he didnt want to come here and because bosh didnt want to either.

screw em ;)

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

is he really that good? i havent been following them

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Wade aside, they got Deng @ 3, Bosh @ 4 and Rising Star Whiteside @ 5.. That's a big long and talented front line. Best in the league maybe. Dragic has got to be excited that he's the floor general at the helm.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dragic / Chalmers
    Wade / Zoran
    Deng / Ennis
    Bosh / Haslem
    Whiteside / Andersen

Their bench forwards suck ass, but really good squad outside of that. They just need to pickup some backup wings. Inb4 Allen signs back with Miami.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They'll be a good team, but not a contender even in the East. Wade is on his last legs(literally) and Bosh is almost 31 and Dragic almost 29. They're gonna have a lot of money(potentially around 45 mil a year) locked up in 2 guys who may not be in their primes much longer.

Riles prevented the team from descending into lotto hell after LeBron bolted by overpaying for Bosh and trading for a PG who will soon be overpaid as well. But he also handcuffed the organization for a long time.

14. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Bosh 7 rebounds and half a block per, he's a lizard not a dinosaur.

15. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

First round loss to the Hawks

16. Steve_Francis_rules

If by scary, you mean "would finish a solid 10th in the Western conference" then I might have to agree with you.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Miami is like an athlete taking PEDs that give himself greater chance for cancer, heart disease and brain tumors down the line to win more in the present, which kinda' makes sense considering Riley as a coach developed a rep for shortening his players career with routine practices from hell.

I think its gotten so ridiculous Miami won't get their pick till 2019 or something, on a squad that has Wade about to retire and Bosh on the wrong side of 30 its not a hot idea. Their squad looks decent but then you realize everyone on that team is old, Wade is old, Bosh is old, Deng is old (and worn out by Tom Thibs), even Dragic is old at 29 (1 year younger than Dwight "Imma be breaking down" Howard). Looks like their only saving grace is Whiteside...iirc though didn't Riles pay 30M to Bosh per, 15M to Wade Per and now will likely pay Dragic 15M per? Damn that's 60M locked up to just 3 players...all of them old and signed to long term contracts. I predict Miami to implode2 years from now but have no picks to recover with.

18. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

So ESPN will have SC and pregame shows live from Miami and have a smoke screen celebration talking about "Not 5, Not 6, Not 7" again??? So they're now favorites to win the title???

19. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Yes. But instead of how many titles they'll win, they'll be referring to what seed they finish at every year.

1 person likes this.
  20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Howard is 29, just turned 3mo ago. Dragic is 5 months younger than him, about to turn 29 in May.