1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

So:

Kings are cooling, Celtics are not willing to pony up, Lakers don't want to remove draft restrictions, Knicks are offering trash and Miami is more interested in Reggie Jackson.

Guys, we may have a better chance than we think...

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he can't be traded since it's within 3 months of us having signed him. Same reason MIA can't offer Whiteside.

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

guys, stay calm

Murray working the phones hard...

Dragic is coming

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Smith cannot be traded.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, Morey can't force other teams to make deals. I'm sure he's been after a PG for months, but he only has so much leverage.

6. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

So DMo+NOP pick or NOP pick + am additional first is Phoenix's request? The latter doesn't sound unreasonable tbh.

7. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

A first round pick and a small asset would not be mortgaging the future. As far as I am concerned, it is worth the risk. You can't compete for titles every year of existence, or have a MVP type player on your roster.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't think he intends to overpay, but Capela and Johnson have no value at all.

9. malakas

malakas Member

The Kings offer was Stauskas and a future first?Stauskas Who looks like a bust?
    LOL
    Morrey will get Dragic for peanuts.
    And then try everything to change his mind.

10. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

No I sure this is correct, he's not an option to be traded by the deadline.

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

With Jackson, Dragic and Kanter all requesting trades and the craziness in Denver seems like there should be a bunch of moves today.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Phoenix is keeping him or;
    Rockets are the "leader" or; But Woj says Rockets are unsure of where they stand
    there is a mystery team

13. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

No to dealing DMO, unless we got our Burt goggles on and are talking Boogie.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't think it has to be Dragic, it just has to be someone. In lieu of Dragic I'd be happy with a better backup PG that can shoot the 3 better than Bev and maybe move the ball around better and a big man who can shoot a little.

15. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Several teams--including Sacramento, Portland--waiting to see if Denver's asking price for players drops. Right now, too rich for anyone.</p>&mdash; Chris Mannix (@ChrisMannixSI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/status/568428619888005121">February 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. BabySeal

BabySeal Member

Alright that article had me thinking he could. Thanks for the clarification.

17. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>How did the Goran Dragic situation in Phoenix deteriorate so fast? And what’s up with Ty Lawson missing practice? <a href="http://t.co/xl5KnBZKVu">http://t.co/xl5KnBZKVu</a></p>&mdash; CBS Sports NBA (@CBSSportsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/568429303018471424">February 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

No wonder Denver sucks. They are delusional.

19. Airdough

Airdough Member

If the Nets have the stretch provision available, they may go that route versus buyout. Some players may want a ring at some point and are willing to sacrafice to get it. Never said it's a gurantee.

20. HTM

HTM Member

No way we would trade smith anyway unless the deal was incredible...

A player like Smith essentially playing for the minimum is an amazing value.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.