1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He didn't tweet it, post it on ESPN.COM, say it on the radio (he's not on the waves right now) or say it on ESPN (he's not on the air) and ESPN, his employer, is not reporting it on any of their avenues despite being willing to put any rumor out there if it is from anyone at all and claim credit.

He didn't say it.

2. NotChandlerParsons

Keep an eye on this twitter till the trade deadline: https://twitter.com/pontifex

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

This rumor is total BS, but I don't necessarily agree that news would travel that fast. Stephen A has unique sources within the league, and he could conceivably get news much sooner than everyone else. He's cool with a lot of players. I think he had LeBron/Bosh to miami days before anyone else.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Rockets, however, are not at all close to any deal so far, a person with familiarity with talks said, adding that this season’s trade deadline talks are at this point shaping up very much like last season when the Rockets came away with only a minor move, dealing Aaron Brooks to Denver for Jordan Hamilton.

Dragic had told the Suns he would not be signing with them after he opts out of the final season of his contract. He provided a list of teams, including the Lakers, Heat and Knicks, that he would consider and would likely then be more willing to work with the Suns on a trade this week.

The Rockets were not on that list, but had not backed away from talks with the Suns, according to a person with knowledge of the process.

Oklahoma City guard Reggie Jackson, who like Dragic will be a free agent after the season and has seen his role diminished by acquisitions at his position, also could be available, but Oklahoma City’s asking price has been extremely high less than a day before the deadline.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...ed-rockets-a-long-shot-to-get-him/#30577101=0

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

I've gotten to the point where if I see Naomi Watts on the poster I know I'll be disappointed by the movie.

6. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

I can see Ainge being scared off by a reluctance to play in Boston, but can't see Morey being intimidated by him not wanting to be traded to Houston.

7. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yep. You must be new to the Twitterverse.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He could've thought it. It's happening.

9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Things are not looking good right now.

/sigh

10. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

If we get another Jordan Hamilton, I'm going to pull my hair out. If we can't get someone good, there's no point in making a deal.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

More posturing, this time on the Rockets side via the Feigen article. Morey probably has a set price he would be willing to pay for a UFA Dragic and isn't budging.

Suns might take this until early afternoon on Thursday.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

im almost positive cyber can read people's minds. So if Smith thought it, there would have been a cyber bomb

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets Aaron Brooks-Jordan Hamilton move this year will be trading Alexey Shved. ;)

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

can't say i know her work all that well, but she seemed ok in the international and 21 grams

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Well f******

17. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Saying that Morey has a plan up his sleeve and is using misdirection are huge assumptions to make when every source has been saying the Rockets aren't close to getting Dragic.

18. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Where the hell does he fit then?! Geez, Gogi. I thought you were better than this..

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Clutch,

Can J.R. Create a second account to post his opinions on? Him posting non updates really ****s up my mind.

Thanks,

CC

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

So...I'm not one of those fans that jumps down insiders throat at every prediction (can't stand people who do) but how on earth is this King Drew guy still posting? Flat out full of sh#t troll. Hope you are reading clutch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.