1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Goran Dragic clarified his request for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Suns?src=hash">#Suns</a> to trade him. &quot;It was an easy decision.&quot; Story with more quotes: <a href="http://t.co/lGZttSBEKO">http://t.co/lGZttSBEKO</a></p>&mdash; Paul Coro (@paulcoro) <a href="https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/568153554919280640">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Suns guard Goran Dragic offered more clarity on his preference to leave the team via trade or as a free agent.

Speaking early this afternoon at US Airways Center, Dragic indicated the bond between himself and team that drafted him is irretrievably broken.

"I don't trust them anymore," Dragic said following Wednesday's practice session. "It happens too many times. Two, three times.

"They give promises, OK. It's hard. But at the same time, I wish them all the best. They were great to me the past five years. I'm always going to have a good memory about Phoenix fans and the city. I just hit that point of my career that it's better for me and my family to move on."

Dragic has lost trust in the Suns organization because they have brought in two other point guards,

On Wednesday, Dragic underscored the importance of that role change.

"I don't feel comfortable with my situation," he said, adding, "It's just different. Standing in the corner, it's not my game. I see that we're not going the right direction. That's why I take action and try to put myself in a better position."

Even if the Suns traded Thomas, Dragic's mind is set on leaving Phoenix in July free agency.

Dragic, who championed the Suns re-signing Bledsoe last April, wants to be able to run his own team.

As many as eight teams have expressed interest in trading for Dragic, who has expressed his own interest in going to Indiana, Miami, New York or the Los Angeles Lakers. The Suns' ability to make a deal will not be helped by Dragic's stance or contract situation. Dragic will opt out of his current deal after this season and be an unrestricted free agent.

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

I'm not outright calling Drew fake, but if tomorrow is the deadline and Stein, Woj, Amick and every reporter under the sun says Houston is actively trying to make a trade, saying things like "Things are heating up" doesn't validate you in any way.

No offense.

3. LandryMegaBeast

im so glad that i'm not a suns fan right now... things are straight up falling apart over there. dragons trade value is in the pooper

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

Morey's not dealing for any significant player until Shved happens and Shved doesn't happen until the 19th when his trade restriction expires.

1 person likes this.
  5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

#soon

6. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Now Dorsey is off the table. Brad Newley or nothing

/sarcasm

8. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

[​IMG]

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

Broken promises

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

We don't keep ours either. It's why Asik left.

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Throwing up the Hs like Howard at the 2013 All Star game. :eek::p

15. LandryMegaBeast

i dont understand why the celtics are in the mix.. they literally just traded rondo cuz he was too old and they didnt want to give him a max deal.......... dragon and rondo are the same age.............................

16. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Dragic would be a good fit in Boston. However I don't know if Boston has young talent Phoenix wants that they are willing to make available (maybe Sullinger but they looooove Olynyk).

17. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Probably would get frustrated if Harden Iso'd while he stood in the corning waiting for a spot up 3

18. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Boston an intriguing trading partner for PHX because of assets, but sources close to Dragic say: He isn't interested. Doesn't like BOS fit.</p>&mdash; Chris Mannix (@ChrisMannixSI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/status/568154885453193218">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks. I was trying to remember the date the Russian can be traded. I was thinking today or tomorrow, and you cleared that up. Of course, Morey could make a deal today that would leave Shved out it, but we'll see how that all plays out. So at midnight, the Russian can be moved. Hell, I'll be up until 3am anyway. I usually am.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He sounds like a girl that isn't happy with anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.