1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

Recap of what I missed over night? Went to bed at like 11 pm

2. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Morey would essentially have to convince the guy that they'd build around the core of Harden Howard and Him (Dragic). Lol I could totally see Morey dumping salary on his last year. Seems that's not what he wants. But who knows!!! Lol we are at the mercy of what these national guys tell us.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Goran has refused to re-sign with the Suns. He doesn't want to join the Rockets. He is allegedly willing to sign a extension with 7 teams, but not with Houston.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Barber said Dwight to Houston.

5. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Kinda weird that out of those 7 teams only 4 were leaked... Lol this is just all weird. Why not just tell all of them?

6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

This is what its starting to sound like

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Let me clarify a few things in regards to "Dragic is Melo" and "he wants all this money" and "*** him I dont want him anymore" and all the other nonsense

Dragic is Slovenian, naturally very down to earth people and not after money

Dragic has shown that many times throughout his life...just go back and you'll find videos and interviews of him living/leading a simple life

Forget what is being said about him wanting max

If he signs with the Rockets it will be on fair terms

Dragic ultimate goal is championship, he can play another 4-5 years on the same level he is today

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Dragic would have to be an idiot to not realize that he'd be a foundational piece here for the title team Morey hopes to build. The Rockets would have their backcourt set for years to come. Dwight's future here may be in doubt thanks to the knee issue, but barring injury, Dragic would be our PG for a very long time.

As for the salary dumping concern, well guess what, Goran? EVERY FREAKING NBA TEAM looks to do that with an aging player in the last year of his deal. And like I said before, that wouldn't be an issue anyway til the summer of 2019. By then, Dragic will have banked 80+ mil more from the Rockets, either won a ring or two or realized he'll never get one here, and probably not really give a crap where he winds up for that final year of his deal.

9. malakas

malakas Member

5. Ny lal indy miami and sacramento.
    To find the other two look at teams most likely in the east without a star pg. I think detroit maybe can be one? Spurs? Oh yeah spurs lol. Maybe they will be leaked soon. Or cyber tells us.

10. malakas

malakas Member

Ahhh so u saying slovenians are idiots who gift money to nba owners like its charity..? Good to know.

11. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

He put Sacramento on his list? I thought they basically said well we are interested in him and are willing to open up room. I didn't see anything about Sac town being on his short list

12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

problem with reading comprehension?

I am saying that the amount of money that's been thrown out there, what people are thinking about Gogi is how he's just Melo and after money, is not the truth!

13. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

It's not Dragic wanting the max (more or less). It's his agent. Agent's get more money the more they get for their clients. Am I saying that Dragic wouldn't take the money? Of course not. However, all I'm saying is we are dealing with Pat's agent who wants to make sure Pat doesn't lose his starting status, as starters are entitled to more money through the minimun (correct me if I'm wrong cap experts), which in turn makes the agent more money...so on and so forth. Its the agent who, I'm sure, wants him to go to these big market teams with tremendous amounts of cap room, so HE can make more money. These agents have GM's by the balls, we've seen this many a time via Dan Fegan.

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ESPN sources say Celtics emerging as contender on the outside for Goran Dragic in trade with Phoenix</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/568042043227955200">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Celtics have the assets to jump into Dragic talks and, like Houston and Sacramento, also have the guts to trade for a free agent-to-be</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/568042236753145856">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Don't forget Celtics prez Danny Ainge and Suns GM Ryan McDonough have strong working relationship and have already done a deal this season</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/568042755798249472">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Teams that would gamble on Dragic deal now (Celtics/Rockets/Kings) are banking on idea fifth year would make big difference in free agency</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/568044313738940416">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

1 person likes this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

Yes sac is in. Thats why vivek got so excited he gonna dump stauskas for whatever lol sac already got turned down by rondo..and publicly. Now dragic gave them hope. Which is sad. I dont think he will end therr and the team will get worse for nothing. I feel for their poor fans.

16. malakas

malakas Member

Here we go. Number 6. Boston. Ainge to go after him celtics are in the list.

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Goodness gracious, this ride may be more unpredictable than this past summer

18. malakas

malakas Member

Lol u are very very naive if u think when dragicc has 3 teams throwing him max offers will go for a "fair price coz he is dwn to earth slovenian Guy".what is even fair price to u? 15? Lmao

19. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Just give him his fourth year option this time, already. Then he will feel less likely to be traded, and feel vindicated for the last contract offer we made. It's not like he is going to opt out of the fourth year, anyway, at the amount of $$$$ it will be.

20. rocketseagles07

Exactly. Agents can convince players that whether they care about the money or not they need to be paid what they're worth. I don't care if he's Slovenian or not he likes money and he has common sense

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.