1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think that's a safe assumption.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Please. It means nothing either way.

NBA players are notorious for throwing away money on extravagant houses and then stuck with crushing tax bills for a home they don't live in that they are forced to sell for a loss.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

Who is nick wright?

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

I'll just say it: sanders scares me. Yes I'd love to put Dorsey on the pine where he belongs and I'm tired of opponents waltzing into the paint untouched, but if people thought Smoove was a cancer...sanders might be the real deal. This kid is a complete moron.

5. xiki

xiki Member

Or just spinning - - for their fanbases and/or other GMs.

6. count_dough-ku

The Suns would have to ship out either Bledsoe or Thomas first before resigning Dragic. There's no way they can resign him to a $15-20 mil/yr while having those two already under contract for big money.

7. basketballholic

Didn't say Butler was unhappy. I said he COULD BECOME unhappy very quickly if he doesn't get that max offer that Chicago says they are going to give him. For instance, if Chicago decides to offer him the 4-year max offer that a competing team can offer him...that could make Butler unhappy, knowing that they could offer him the 5-year max deal with 7.5% raises.

And because of the extreme jump in the salary cap coming in 2016 Butler could tell them to trade him to a team willing to give him the 5-year deal after next season. Or he could just play out his qualifying offer and walk on them. Chicago has a well-established of trying to pinch pennies on players. And if Butler realizes that another team will gladly offer him a 5-year deal this summer if he is traded to them and Chicago is hedging on what they will offer him, hoping to skate into restricted free agency..then he could tell them to trade him or he's gonna walk.

Butler could become disenchanted with Chicago's front office quickly. And it could happen in the next few days. Or it could happen in June/July. Or it may not happen at all. But....it's worth watching. It's a hot item on the agenda.

8. sabesque

sabesque Member

So we even know if that house is in Phoenix?

9. Progs

Progs Member

radio guy for sportsradio 610.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Talk radio host on 610 in the morning drive time slot here in Houston and then hosts CBS national on the weekend at some time.

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

If IT is barely 5'11, his wife must be on the wrong side of 5 feet. She looks a foot shorter than him. At best 5'3.

12. basketballholic

I'll be surprised if we bring him in. Don't see any way Sanders can get himself straight in time to be a factor this season. Maybe a training camp invite this summer or something. But he's too messed up at this point. Needs too much rehab before getting on a basketball court.

13. vator

vator Member

I have no idea if it is or isn't. Just sharing something I saw. I'm sure a better detective than me will eventually figure it out.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

True, but before they flip either Bledsoe or Thomas, they want to make sure that if they do that Dragic isn't going to leave anyway. I think he'll be unwilling to give a guarantee that he won't walk, so they'll have to trade him.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The question is, what insurance would he give them? He already said he will be looking around in FA. And big money has been floated (Lakers). I guess all he could say is "yes I will stay if you pay me the max AND trade I.T." But even in that case, it is just a verbal. We know how those things can change.

16. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

It likely means something. If you think there is a good chance you will get traded you would probably wait a week later to close on your home. It doesn't mean that IT is right but there is a good chance it means something.

17. count_dough-ku

I don't see how Dragic can commit to Phoenix right now. Even if they ship out Bledsoe or Thomas. He'd be crazy to limit his options when he and his agent have no idea how the rest of the season will play out. Sure, he'd probably like to stay there, but I get the impression he also wants to win(while obviously playing starters minutes at PG).

I guess we'll know for sure in less than 3 days.

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Or they could've gone after Monroe in stead of Thomas and would have a pretty stoud front court as well as Dragic and Bledsoe in the back court.

Granted, they probably wouldn't have been able to pay bledsoe as much as they are, but he could've just signed a QO (nobody else was offering a max deal) then figure his situation out after this season.

Regardless, a combo of Gogi and Monroe is much better than anything they have or can get now.

19. wreck

wreck Member

The suns did this to themselves. They dont deserve Gogi.

20. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Re Dragic: It's not that Suns don't want to re-sign him. They do. But they're worried he'll leave in July anyway. Thus, exploring deals.</p>&mdash; Howard Beck (@HowardBeck) <a href="https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/status/567443584354623488">February 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.