1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will the Rockets acquire between today and Thurs Feb 19?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rogower, Feb 8, 2015.

?

Who will the Rockets trade for between now and Thurs Feb 19?

Poll closed Feb 18, 2015.
  1. Goran Dragic

34.6%
  2. Ty Lawson

14.1%
  3. Darren Collison

1.2%
  4. Michael Carter-Williams

4.1%
  5. Reggie Jackson

3.0%
  6. Jared Dudley

0.4%
  7. Lance Stephenson

0.2%
  8. Pablo Prigioni

1.1%
  9. Somebody not listed here

25.8%
  10. Nobody, the Rockets will stand pat

15.5%
  1. rogower

rogower Member

I am just wondering what Rockets fans here on Clutchfans are expecting. Please feel free to post which option you voted for! Also, if you voted for "Somebody not listed here," feel free to share with us who you have in mind. Thanks!

2. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

Way too many threads on this topic. Yaawwnn

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

4. Progs

Progs Member

Morey pushing hard for Rubio. Wants him more than Dragic.

5. rogower

rogower Member

Source(s)?

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't buy this one bit. The last thing we need is an inept shooter.

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I think we are going to get Bayless and Dudley. Add a solid back up and another shooter.

Plus, it happened in MyCareer in 2K so it has to happen. (We gave up Pap and a 2nd Round pick so maybe Pap and the NY 2nd? lolol)

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I feel like you and Plowman have been wrong all year. We will see I guess

10. rogower

rogower Member

I voted for Darren Collison but I think Daryl Morey may also trade for Jared Dudley (i.e., for both Collison and Dudley). I think the Knicks' 2015 second round pick, plus either Clint Capela, Isaiah Canaan, or Nick Johnson, along with an expiring contract (either Jason Terry, Kostas Papanikolaou, or Alexey Shved) is enough for Dudley. I do not think Morey will be interested in Jerryd Bayless.

I know that everybody loves Corey Brewer now but Jared Dudley > Corey Brewer. Brewer has been surprisingly good for Houston but Jared Dudley would be better. I go back and forth on whether Morey will trade for Dudley or will instead let it ride with Brewer.

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I voted for somebody else.

I think the Dwight injury necessitates the need to acquire another big body. Likely somebody young, tall and athletic that can play a DeAndre Jordan type role. John Henson is a name that comes to mind. I'd consider this to be the most likely move.

That said, I'm still desperately hoping we can acquire another playmaker to help cut down the TO's and lighten Harden's load. Dragic and Lawson are the two names that come to mind. Collison is another player that would help us and has a reasonable contract.

I also must admit that I'm very much intrigued by the thought of adding Isaiah Thomas. Yeah, he's tiny and a defensive liability, but this kid has moments where he's literally unguardable. Could be a nice addition to help fortify our bench. Much like Dragic, it will all depend upon which direction Phoenix chooses to go at the trade deadline.

I'll pass on: MCW, Avery Bradley, George Hill, Mo Williams (unless he's filler), Calderon, Jarret Jack

12. sweetbobl

sweetbobl Member

Most guys in the poll aren't going anywhere.

Lawson is one of the few building blocks the Nuggets have. If they give him up, you'd have to take one of their bad contracts & the Rockets don't have room for those anymore.

The Suns aren't giving up Dragic when they have a great shot at the playoffs.

Dudley doesn't solve the issue of a guy who can play point & create shots for other guys.

Calderon is the one guy who you'd think is very available. He's at 42% from 3 & he can drive & dish. Shouldn't cost more than Kostas & a draft pick.

I don't think DM needs to give up a major rotation piece for another major rotation piece. I'd like to keep Bev as a bench guy & rotation player.

Calderon makes 7 mill next yr & the yr after. He's not expensive enough to where the contract is an albatross. He's still good enough where you could deal him in the offseason if he prevents you from keeping a significant piece.

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Why would Sactown trade their starting point? The guy they kept over Isaiah Thomas, a very nice point guard, who ended up in Phoenix? Am I missing something? (wouldn't be the first time)

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

None of the fantasy targets.

[Rubio, Rondo, Dragic, Bledsoe, Lawson or any PG discussed in the Cybersex thread]

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

17. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

It will be a point guard. Bev is gone.

He lost "it" whatever that made him a 2nd team all defense guy.

And not can't shoot either.

Who?

Don't know.

Unless they promote Cannan but that would be unusual seeing that the guy is DNP all the time.

18. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Give me Prigioni, Calderon, Bayless, Jack. Anyone with two legs and some PG skills.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hell, at this point I would welcome Lance Stephenson with open arms...

20. Nils

Nils Member

Dragic and Lason would be dream trades....Caulderon, MCW, or Collison would be great second choices....no complaints here.