1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 2/8/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2015.

1. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

What the heck! There are still two quarters left.
    Portland is just playing great basketball. They're making tough shots and are overall playing better. Rockets can still win.

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Lazy dwight? nooooo.

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

D Mo also has been fouled, so he has had the ball but he is just 1-4 from the foul line. Can't keep going to him, it becomes predictable and the other team just swarms him

4. soupman

soupman Member

We just do not match up well at all against teams with outstanding PGs such as Curry, Lillard, Westbrook and Paul. The problem is compounded because we really miss Howard's post presence when the opposing PG breaks down perimeter pressure, which happens a lot with the 4 aforementioned PGs. Finally, Jones still has not come back to form from the injury and long absence.

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i'm sick that we have a fanbase that gives up way too easily

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

DMo and Jones should just go strong to the basket and fish for fouls.

Refs calling touch fouls against us but not when Matthews is crowding Harden.

1 person likes this.
  7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Mchale waited too late to sub his starters back in.

No defense again. We need to play defense consistently.

Portland played last night, so push the tempo and feed Dmo in the paint more often.

Harden is balling but he needs help.

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Papa needs to be used. He would help out tremendously

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Dwight torches the Blazers and he holds down the defensive end........something we seem to struggle with tonight hmmmn

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So basically...same as 85% of our games...

11. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Well...all I've seen is a team laying down at home like a cheap hooker. The one I pity is the poor guy who buys a ticket to watch a bunch of players paid handsomely to play a game that decides they don't want to play for whatever reason.

The good news is that we should have plenty of energy in the second half because we definitely haven't expended any to this point. You spin oit how you want but I see quit so far. Give me anything but don't give me a quitter.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They can still win, but they don't look like they want it tonight. Portland looks like they're trying to make a statement after last night's collapse in Dallas. The Rockets meanwhile are having another one of their no-show games.

You figure the game will tighten up a little in the 2nd half. The Blazers are shooting 55% to our 42%, but I had a bad feeling coming into this one and it looks I had reason to be concerned.

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

1 rebound for Rockets Center???? This is the worst start center I have ever seen.

14. SPBR

SPBR Member

The Beard is young, but this can't be good long term.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

very true.

i'm also surprised that nick johnson's been off the team for so long now. his defense was quite effective during the 1 month stretch he was getting playing time. while terry/canaan/shved have looked pretty much terrible on D so far.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

it's big front courts without dwight, dmo plays little and the rest of them aren't big enough for multiple 7 footers, see Detroit game, New Orleans, etc for other examples.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

How can they push the tempo though if they never get stops? Portland made something like 14 out of 23 shots in the 2nd quarter.

18. soupman

soupman Member

Since when did an injured player become the same thing as a lazy player? Let's see you run up and down the court and get roughed up in the paint against the best players in the world night after night on a bad knee.

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

all i see is a team shooting the lights out even when we defend them, they are not missing much. You can't always say it is bad defence if a shot isn't stopped

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Brook Lopez once had 0 rebounds