1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Davis shoulder injury

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't think this will be too serious, but he took a nasty fall. Pelicans lost at home by 35 without him.

[youtube]8-GnQmnm0yA[/youtube]

2. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

3. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I hate to see him injured...but, our pick may have gained some value tonight.

4. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Dam that looks bad, hope it's not to serious.

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Pelicans All-Star forward Anthony Davis is &quot;just sore&quot; after landing on his shoulder on a tough fall following a dunk tonight, source said.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/564242209705164800">February 8, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>After x rays, the <a href="https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA">@PelicansNBA</a> Anthony Davis diagnosed W/ Right shoulder contusion. X rays negative though.</p>&mdash; Jennifer Hale (@JenHale504) <a href="https://twitter.com/JenHale504/status/564234911515566080">February 8, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

he's lucky, could have easily break his hand had he landed with his hand first. (in that case the pick will be rocket high, maybe enough to net us Jackson/Lawson by itself... just saying:p)

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Blame the referees. If they had just called him for a travel after the block, he never would have been hurt.

8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Almost pulled a Bogut

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

oh to be 21 again

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

He's very fortunate that it didn't turn out worse, and I'm happy for him that it didn't. If they need to rest him through the break I won't complain though :)

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am glad he is all right. I like him very much. Wish he was a Rocket. An AD/JH combo would terrorize the rest of the league.

12. dron

dron Member

Dont blame the referees. Blame that idiot who make that pass for Davis. I REALLY hate when someone make pass like that because it is fcking DANGEROUS. Especially for big men.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So it begins

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

His bones are made of rubber!

*chuckles*

1 person likes this.
  15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It's a freak accident there is nobody to blame.

16. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I love AD's game but some players are prone to injuries and I think he is one of them..

I hope to all hell I'm wrong because I WANT to see this guy when he hits his prime playing years

however I think he will be spending those years on the sideline

he is injury prone now and by the time he hits those prime years all these injuries are going to be stacked up against making matters worse-- He is no small players, he is a big man so he will be dealing with injury repercussions later in his years more-so then a smaller player

17. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

how is that the fault of the passer? it was a good pass that led to a dunk and AD's hands just slipped off of the rim... it's nobody's fault to be honest.

18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

They do change as you age, though. When you're 18 your bones are like balsa wood. By the time you're a senior citizen they're more like chalk. That fall would be absolutely brutal for an old person.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Trip down memory lane. Good times. :grin:

20. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That looks very much like how I tore my rotator cuff playing Ultimate. For me, it was a significant injury that never fully healed.