1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Johnson, the Forgotten Member?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah, the more size the more painful for the other team

2. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Then maybe you should have said he doesnt play people under that age of 24 instead of saying rookies.

3. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets running the RGV shuttle again. This time, it's rookie guard Nick Johnson getting called up from the Vipers.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/561914421312618496">February 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Looks like Rox trying to find what they have now before trade deadline.

DD

5. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

DMo started 14 games his rookie season, and played in a total of 44. We all know that Parsons started most of his rookie season. McHale also played Thomas Robinson as a rookie after we traded for him. McHale plugged Beverley into the lineup almost immediately. McHale also has played Papanikolaou. McHale has shown that he will play rookies. He may be more willing to play rookies than many other NBA coaches. You have to remember that most of our rookies are late first round or second round picks.

#25 Rip Van Rocket, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Canaan just needs to be 100% and getting burn ...At minimum, you have a scorer/shooter role filled. Likely, he'll end up being a playmaker too...We've seen some of what the guy can do. (perhaps for us)

Nick Johnson has a different time frame ......I think his handles/shot might get to the point where we have a hybrid 1/2 ala Mad Max....lot of upside there as his shot improves, he grows on the court/physically.....this kid's defense, could one day be elite.

NOT just a tweener.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Not sold on Johnson at point. But if Beverly continues to suck, maybe you can throw him at point in spurts along with Jason terry. I prefer Can in that role.

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

It's good to have Johnson around to fill a hole in case anybody gets hurt.

9. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I knew this thread would be epic. Lmbo

10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I think we need to let Johnson grow a little more and stiffen up his defense before we call him up to play with the pros. The last thing we want is for him to lose confidence and go soft by getting exposed playing with grown men before he's ready.

1 person likes this.
  11. MONON

MONON Member

Only 5 starting sg's are under 6-4. Now Bledsoe & Ellis are in that group, but Johnson isn't that caliber yet. So yes, 6-3 is a hindrance for a sg. Klay Thompson, Andre Roberson, Jimmy Butler & Kyle Kover are all 6-7 and there's 4 starting sg's taller than that.

12. Mr. Clutch

One advantage I see is that Johnon's smaller size may help him penetrate smaller holes in the defense

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Does KMc's extension affect his willingness to give time to a young'n? And Father Christmas is a vet in rookie clothing BTW.

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

1 with Harden; 2 without. That is my take.

There were teams interested in DJ's kin and, I'd expect, still are. I do suspect the gent is destined to be rerouted in <3 weeks.

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

...or showcase?

16. conquistador#11

even maury knows that showcasing your johnson is considered indecent exposure.

1 person likes this.
  17. Mr. Clutch

But we all know Morey never gets tired of indecent exposure

18. rocketsmetalspd

You are correct but which player will be included in the trade that is sure to happen on the trading deadline?

1st round pick(Pelicans), Snved, Canaan, Dorsey, Johnson, Capela. To me these are the only players Morey should think of including in a trade.

19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This will mean 4 pgs will be on roster with no injuries at that position. 5 if you count Shved but he's more of a tweener. Looking like possible changes to rotation, which is needed. Like I said last night, can't keep sending guys out there who are not getting the job done. Need to give other players a chance.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Penis

2 people like this.