1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patriots D-Coord

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ferrari77, Feb 1, 2015.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Who is he? What's his name?

Matt Patricia. I figure most hardcore (not the strictly fantasy football fans) fans know this but I've been surprised by the number of NFL fans that think Belichick is the Pats D-Coord.
    I'm a big Matt Patricia fan(apart from the fact he has a gnarly beard, wears his cap backwards on the sideline and just about everywhere and always has a pencil on his ear) but despite letting Forsett run wild early on(no shame in that) in the Ravens game, his defense has been quite good all season(helps having a healthy Wilfork and Revis and Browner joining up).
    Hopefully he starts getting some head coaching looks after next season.

Here's a good article on him

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...tt-patricia/eUiRhQ77mD7Yn8qaoaVoSN/story.html

[​IMG]

All that being said, I wish him and his team the worst.

2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

They've had playmakers at all levels, especially the front 7. Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins are both studs.
    Patricia gets a bit of screen time during their games, I just thought he was their LB or DL coach and BB was coordinator.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Belichick is still the de-facto defensive coordinator.... why wouldn't he be?

4. i3artow i3aller

5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I believe Patricio calls the plays though.

I was also just thinking of how I bet a lot of NFL fans don't or didn't even know who the Seahawks D-Coord is prior to this game or his agreement with the Falcons.

I wonder if that's just another case of the league being obsessed with offense.
    I figure most NFL fans know who Darrell Bevell and Josh McDaniels are because they get a lot of screen time on the various networks showing their teams games and because the commentators talk them up quite a bit.

Patricio and Quinn on the other hand rarely seem to get much love on the various national tv broadcasts involving their teams.

Stupid offense oriented league!:(

:)

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

they all look like hobos.