1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

2. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

You guys are rutheless, he hasn't done anything ban-worthy. There are gaggles of users that should be banned before him, yet are still trolling around here. Although some of his input is a bit off the wall, at least he backs it up with logic - which is more than any of you calling for his ban are providing.

Easy solution, put him on ignore. Then you don't have to read his takes, and we don't have to see your complaints about EVERYTHING he says.

3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

It's not his fault that you still don't have him on ignore.

He's the only one on my ignore list. Too bad some of you keep quoting him. I for one would not miss him if he got banned.

4. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

random =/= r****ded

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He IS on my Ignore list, but idiots keep quoting him.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I agree that he shouldn't be banned. He does walk the fringes by quasi-claiming to have inside information to attempt to add credibility to his posts, but I think that's OK as long as most people realize he's an entertainer.

It's like Rush Limbaugh. As long as people realize he's an entertainer and not a journalist nobody gets hurt. :)

7. marky :)

marky :) Member

[​IMG]

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

Dragic, Lawson, Mirotic, and Love

My preference is to get a stop gap at PG like Mo Williams using the DEN 2nd. We've still got Canaan, Johnson, and Llull in the pipeline at PG, so there is less incentive to invest heavy assets into the position. Still, if I was confident that Dragic would resign and the Lawson would fit, then I'd be willing to give up the 1st.

I'd prefer to use the NOP 1st on Mirotic or Love, but doubt either is available.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Agreed. The GARM is a far more entertaining place with BBHollic around.

[​IMG]

Whats crazy though is the guy actually has a wealth of knowledge on the CBA, and the cap rules, etc. If you see through the comic relief, he actually can be a pretty good poster at times.

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I can verify both points, sauces have been confirmed!...;)

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I like your thinking EXCEPT I don't think there is a starting PG in the bunch out of Canaan, Johnson and Llull. I'm not convinced we'll ever bring Llull over and Canaan and Johnson are guys I'm hoping can be quality rotation guys.

But, I think you go for a title this year. I'd be all over a guy like Mo Williams added to the team if the cost was minimal. I'd love to hold the Pelicans pick, even to potentially use it.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

A mid teens draft pick is useless.
    I'd trade it for almost all the players listed, except Mo Williams and George Hill.

Yes, sometimes you find really really good or even star players in the teens... and sometimes you find them in the second round.

If DM REALLY REALLY REALLY is targeting someone at 14 in this upcoming draft, he can find a way to get there.

13. basketballholic

We're pretty much agreed there although I would not throw in the Pels pick for Lawson. Personally I don't think Morey is interested in Lawson at all, especially owed 3 more years. He's not good enough defensively. IMO, Morey won't spend significant assets on a PG unless they are a 2-way PG.

Which brings me to Deron. There is interest in Deron. Although they are wanting to see if they can get him cheap. Because Deron when healthy is still a 2-way PG. Yes, he does have some trouble against the smaller jitterbug PGs like Tony Parker, etc. But he can still be an effective team defender when he's healthy. He's not the zero defensively that he's being made out to be right now. Better keep an eye on him. I think he could be acquired for not much more than expiring contracts and a youngster or two. Wouldn't need the Pels pick. Especially if he did away with his 3rd year player option.

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

To me it seems like Beverley and Williams are a wash. I think Beverley plays well enough to have the starting PG spot next to Harden barring any opportunities to make a major upgrade at PG.

I've seen people post it before and I'm leaning toward the notion for another playmaker/scorer at any position.

16. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Huh? Do you watch basketball? Deron has been a terrible defender since his best days in Utah.

And there is a zero percent chance the Rockets are interested in trading for him.

17. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Not that I am advocating a DWill trade, but if you follow the Rockets, you should know there is never a 0% chance of anything with DM the GM.

Equally notable, there is never a 100% chance of anything with him either.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

this is bbholic's world and we are merely living in it

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Deron Williams would really just waste 3 years of Harden's prime. Really not worth it. There is no reason to believe he will ever remain healthy. You're talking about 60 games a year of above average PG play for $60m guaranteed over 3 years. I'm amazed that Morey is interested.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

So when is Terrance _ones going to be traded now that he is healthy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.