1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Not bad. But not quite as good as Roxtia

2. arjun

arjun Member

i dont think any one has annoyed me more than bballholic lmao....JIMMY BUTLER ?! are you joking me .....

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Garbage poster who just likes to sling **** against his bedroom door hoping someting will stick. Dude needs a life away from the computer screen. His "knowledge" is laughable.

4. Cranberry_Juice

In other news Nick Stauskas is available.

5. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Guys i just received BBhollic's weekly newsletter. He talks a lot about the statistics involved with coin-flips and mentions butler as a possibility.

Just passing along the insider info.

6. Gip_txag

Gip_txag Member

Jimmy Butler grew up in Tomball, TX I believe.

Morey only doing his due diligence and playing that card.

7. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

He has the highest 3PT % of any qualified point guard.

8. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Oh ok, do we need to make a point that Morey is looking at Durant/Lebron/Davis/Currty? You guys are funny.

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

We aren't getting Butler at the deadline but the Summer could be interesting. Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf will absolutely do anything in his power to NOT pay the tax.

Could definitely see a S&T possibility there.

10. CertifiedTroll

I understand what you are saying, but if Morey has recently made calls to teams about untouchables I still like to read that it happened. If Morey had the mindset of 'I can't try that because he is untouchable' then I doubt we would have landed Harden from a team that had recently made the finals.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not a similar situation.

Harden wasn't an untouchable. It had been rumored (from real insiders) for a while that he might become available. The Rockets weren't the only team that had discussions about acquiring Harden from OKC.

Jimmy Buckets, on the other hand, isn't going anywhere. There is no doubt about it at this point. And no one here knows if Morey recently made any calls to Chicago or not anyway, so it's all irrelevant. (The only people who might know - cyberx and BatmanJones - have not yet indicated this has happened AFAIK.)

1 person likes this.
  12. King901

King901 Member

You mean basketballhollicinsider is just blowing smoke?

13. cyberx

cyberx Member

anyone going to game tonight?

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

but but butler already on my screen saver tho, say it isn't so, why i dropped on supersecret insider newsletter all that dough?

15. basketballholic

Those aren't imminent situations that would apply to this year's trade deadline. None of those guys is going to be available at this year's deadline. Durant is a storyline to watch over the summer and next season. Lebron ain't leaving CLE. Davis won't be worth watching until a couple years from now. And Curry's contract isn't up for 2 more seasons after this one, he's an MVP candidate, and he's playing on arguably the best team in the league.

I suppose I could add Love (and Bosh). That should be an obvious one. I haven't added him because I haven't heard anything about him recently other than watching the dynamic playing out in Cleveland. So, that's why he isn't on the list. Obviously, if Love becomes disgruntled CLE could possibly look to move him. And I did hear a while back that the Rox are indeed watching the CLE situation.

So, Love's situation is worth watching up until the trade deadline. But he's not on my list because I haven't heard anything about him recently. I did hear something on Butler.

I understand Chicago is all in on Butler. I've seen and heard those things. And I'm convinced they're going to offer him a max deal. And I know Butler has said he loves Chicago and his team. That's the wise thing for a pending free agent to do. And there is probably a good amount of truth in Butler's statements. He has no reason to dislike Chicago. He has a lot of reasons to love Chicago.

But will they give him the 5th year? Will they give him the 7.5% raises? Will they give him trade waiver rights? Or are they simply banking on matching a max 4-year offer sheet from someone else or possibly only offering Butler a couple million dollars more than a 4-year max offer sheet with 4.5% raises?

All those things are factors that bear watching. Why? Because Chicago has a reputation for being cheap. Remember Deng? They weren't trading him. Tried to get an extension done. Wouldn't offer Deng the money he wanted. Boom. Traded. Are they missing Deng now?

Personally (this means just me talking here, my opinion, no information to corroborate my opinion), Butler strikes me as a player that is primarily interested in winning. I think he would loathe playing for a loser. If true, then having some sort of say in trades would seem important to a player that is fixing to go into the prime of his career.

Secondly, Butler already gambled one off-season. He didn't accept the 4/44 extension Chicago put on the table for him. But took the risk of playing it out. He won. Now he's staring at a 4-yr max deal with 4.5% raises at the bare minimum. That's probably over $66 million on a 4-year deal if the cap bumps to $66.5 million.

But wait..........the cap is set to jump to $80 million or so in 2016 isn't it? So....could Butler take another gamble if all the Bulls put on the table is the 4/66 or whatever the 4-year max offer sheet is? And if it goes that far where the Bulls are goofing around with him in the off season instead of running out the 5-year max deal...at what point does he become disgruntled then? He could decide to take a second gamble on the qualifying offer. If he stayed healthy he'd be looking at a much larger 4-year max contract from another team after next season. Large enough to likely offset any short term loss he took by taking the qualifying offer and put him in even bigger money overall.

Now...before you start all the "Butler isn't going to take the qualifying offer" crap, just remember. Butler didn't accept an extension. He gambled. And Greg Monroe is playing on his qualifying offer now. He's gambling. Lebron's gambling. Love is reportedly going to gamble and play out his option season instead of signing a long-term deal. And on top of all that the players union is fed up with how restricted free agents are being handled by their teams. They're encouraging this type of thing. And then on top of all that...we're staring at a huge leap in the cap in 2016 followed by a newly negotiated CBA the next season which is a reason guys like Lebron and Love are gambling.

Now if you were Butler.....would you be doing your due diligence before the deadline to see exactly what the Bulls mean when they say they are going to offer you the max? Especially in light of the above factors. Especially in light of knowing the Bulls have a history of avoiding the luxury tax. Especially after the Bulls not coming forward with a better extension offer after seeing what guys like Gordon Hayward and Chandler Parsons were getting paid. Especially after seeing the Bulls dump Deng.

And if you were the Bulls...would you not want to know what Butler will be happy with in a contract offer this summer? Is he looking for a 3-year deal with a player option, or is he expecting you to beat a possible max offer sheet by giving him 5-years with higher raises and trade protection????

That's why this situation bears watching as do others.

But Butler's situation is unique in that his cap hold is so low. On our team as currently constructed with Butler's cap hold, James and Dwight, DMo, and one or two of Canaan/Johnson still on the roster, but with Ariza/Bev and others cleared out, we could possibly add that 4th star/superstar level player.

That is why Butler's situation is double unique and worth watching even closer.

Now combine all that reasoning with the fact that I did hear that the Rox are watching and waiting to see what unfolds in Chicago.

That's why I put him on my list. Peace. Out.

#22875 basketballholic, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  16. delishman

delishman Member

HE JUST SUCKED THE GRAVITY RIGHT OUT OF THE BBHOLIC.

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

In. Same court side seats as before that I posted here.

WAIT, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?!?!

18. sabesque

sabesque Member

I'll be there. You?

19. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Sure am! You gonna let me buy you a drink?

20. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.