1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Progs

Progs Member

Dwight for Noah and Butler. :p

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin was also an untouchable was supposed to be matched at any dollar amount. Think about the stint he had as a Knick during Linsanity. Can't believe everything they say from FO nowadays

3. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Hmm..But would they go up to a billion though? ;)

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Butler's production is sustained however, not just over a small stretch of games.

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Does Chicago have the money to ultimately give Butler the max? If I was Chicago I would almost have to keep Butler over Rose if it came down to it.

I wonder if Harden would play the 1 or the 3?

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Jimmy...Butler??? Now, I'm sold. :grin:

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I admire your creativity.:)

8. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Not a great 3 point shooter, but a solid one that many who watch feel he is not is not playing his best on purpose :eek: You are correct with your assessments about him especially earlier in the season and if I were to trade for Jackson based on his career and play-off performances. I would be pulling the trigger RIGHT NOW when his value is low.

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Noah
    T Jones
    Butler
    Harden
    Bev

That lineup is nasty

10. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Not paying his best on purpose.

In a contract year.

Just stop dude.

11. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

Wait...did somebody say Homecoming?

[​IMG]

12. basketballholic

My logic?

It's been discussed internally and they are willing to trade for him. Doesn't mean he's going to be traded. Doesn't mean if he is traded that we'll get him. However the front office guys are watching and monitoring the situation in Chi-Town. Last season in the playoffs Butler got upset at being ignored in the offense. Right now, the Bulls are underperforming. Butler has demonstrated a little bit of volatility and unhappiness. He was born and raised here and still spends considerable time here in the off season. And his contract situation makes sense, not to mention his on-court play. He is a playmaker, a top defender, and a substantially improved 3-point shooter. In short, he's a superstar.

So...if things go sour in Chi-Town, and if he starts sending signals he wants out.....there could be a trade develop between us and Chicago. Something like Ariza, Beverley, Nick Johnson, and the Pels pick for Butler, Dunleavy, and possibly Hinrich or Bairstow. We might even throw them an extra bone by including Jones and Mohammed in the deal.

However, after this trade is said and done, we've got our second playmaker and third superstar and we've cleared some long-term salary and put ourselves in a position to offer practically max money to another star free agent this summer (Goran, Love, LaMarcus, Gasol???).

==============================================

Understand, my signature is not a compilation of guys that the Rockets are going to trade for. It's a compilation of trade targets, guys that I know the Rockets would trade for and have discussed and are watching and have engaged or will be attempting to engage in trade discussions down towards the trade deadline. The back end of my list is a few under the radar cheap players that I believe will fit here and could possibly become small targets if we can't get anything major done.

Make no mistake about it....we're watching the Butler situation in Chi-Town.

1 person likes this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Would hate to lose bev but he is from Chicago would be a homecoming for him also.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

If Butler doesn't find his way out of chicago (as in, go anywhere but), he'll probably be worn down by 28

15. basketballholic

That is a factor that could be leading to him being p....ed off. 40 minutes a night out there playing like a dawg.

16. Zbed

Zbed Member

Maybe Morey can snag AB while he's at it :cool:

17. CertifiedTroll

Appreciate the post.

18. Orange

Orange Member

Bballholic. Just making things up because he wants to be an insider.

1 person likes this.
  19. Orange

Orange Member

If I tried hard enough I could trick u guys into believing I was an insider . Clutchfans is so gullible.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

As a legit insider this offends me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.