1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Dragic: Phoenix is home but "that doesn't mean anything."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

When's the earliest we can sign Dragic if possible?

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He scored 2 points against us to underscore his loyalty to the Rockets

:rolleyes:;)

3. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I guess you are overreacting a bit to make your point here. It took me a stroll down the Harlem to realize that the "meanest" street of Slovenia is likely much safer and less meaner than an average one in US.

Another correction just for the sake of it: Goran has Serbian roots and that's far from Eastern European. If you want to nab his "character" geographically, he's much closer to Kpap than to Dmo, for example.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if it's not eastern european then what is it? western european? austral aboriginal? :confused:

5. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

According to Dave King in his post-game article on BSOTS, Tucker got the T for staring at Harden and not for arguing with officials. That's why he could play in the fourth.
    It's unfair to Dragic though. Hornacek makes the rule because of Morris' hotheads and Dragic gets the punishment.

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

How about now? Who gets cut? I think it might be Pap....

7. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

In Europe when you say Eastern European, you generally mean Baltic states. We are in the southeast corner. Eastern European is certainly geographically correct, but only in that sense. It's like saying Miami and Boston people are the same because they are on the East.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As one poster said before

Gogi is probably South Slavic (Former Yugoslavia *Slovenia)

Eastern Europe - Eastern Slavic - they have all tight roots

Greeks are different

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You got it man. We are all in now. Morey must supply Harden with a star pg and a secondary playmaker to make the game easier on him. Harden will be an old man by age 30 with this high usage rate. If these changes do not happen this year, they will definitely need to be implemented by next year.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

completely false. ukraine/belarus/romania are all, for instance, considered eastern european. to say that only the 3 tiny baltic states comprise eastern europe could nto be more wrong. if you want to say dragic has serbian roots and is therefore balkan like kpap then that's entirely something else.

11. aqd

aqd Member

I hope DMo will be traded if Dragic comes to Rockets. I don't want to see DMo talent be wasted on bench...

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The problem if and when we collect those star pieces other teams that grew into very good teams like GSW, like the old Spurs still have the upper hand most of the time.

They got better chemistry, better system, better coaching

Depends whole lot on luck, injuries......

13. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

boy I wish we trade DMO for Dragic... did you see how great he was playing for Phoenix last...boy we really need all that playmaking... on the other hand DMO is a skillful big and there are plently of big guys skillful in the post in NBA, husting and playing a great D, sucesfully replacing Dwight...

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Yeah, I get what you are saying. I never hated on McHale, more like being indifferent to him, but great coaching makes a lot of difference. Case in point is clearly Atlanta. They look like Spurs 2.O. You must remember though, they have not one, but two very capable pgs in Teague and Schroeder. No matter how good the system, you still need the grease to make great engines run. Love what Bev brings, but he is not what we need in the starting lineup.

Plug in Dragic or Lawson on our team, and I guarantee you McHale will look a lot better.

15. roksoer

roksoer Member

As a Slovene, rofl.

16. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

But Ukraine and Belarus are considered Baltic. Romaina is culturally, politically etc. a lot more closer to Balkan than Baltic.

Read my post again. I said geographically Goran is "Eastern European baller" like Herrera said, but only in that sense. I just wanted to clear that out, although I agree this board probably doesn't care which side of Europe Gogi comes from.

If you want to see the difference between typical characters of Baltic and Balkan states, you can watch the Pero Antic and David West staredown during last season's playoffs. Replace Antic with Dmo or Valanciunas and West does not back down so easily.

17. Play07

Play07 Member

Call me crazy but I don't want dragic especially for Mac.

You can argue parsons max > dragic max.... Either way it's too much for either

it's plenty of young guards out there that can more D get buckets with harden or 2nd unit, & dragic has never been a assist guy, check his stats he turns over the ball same as LIN. And doesn't really step up in 4th every time we play them & other games I watch on LP

Don't understand the obsessions with this dude but it's making CF look bad.

18. anchel

anchel Member

Rockets' chance is via trade, not FA.
    Now discouraging fact: with or without Dragic, Rockets won't have ring chances while McHale is coaching.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

no they are not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltic_states

and there may be some ethnic "eastern baltic" yotvingians or galindians still living in belarus, but that hardly qualifies belarus as baltic on the whole. on the contrary, there are far larger ethnic russian populations living in each of the 3 baltic states. and even those 3 baltic states themselves are widely different from each other, with estonia's language being much closer to finnish as well as the people of both countries sharing similar shy introverted demeanors. and the same goes for the balkans. pero antic (who is probably an ethnic bulgarian in fact) plays tough but his "balkan brother" as you would say romanian gheorghe muresan was far from that and same goes for "balkan brother" nick calathes as well.

1 person likes this.
  20. vator

vator Contributing Member

Interesting...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wow. Jeff Hornacek just said Dragic was benched due to violating team rule about getting T's (get a T, sit for the rest of the game)</p>&mdash; Amin Elhassan (@AminESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/AminESPN/status/558847371480551424">January 24, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hornacek: Goran sat rest of gm cuz he argued with ref. that's rule. Been there for wks. Tucker just stared down Harden, said nothing 2 refs.</p>&mdash; Dave King (@DaveKingNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/DaveKingNBA/status/558847576988852225">January 24, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>