1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Davis is a great player when healthy. No sane person can say otherwise. If Morey could steal him away I will head the fundraising to erect a statue.

2. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

That's a fair point so why are we not treating him like he is then? I think that's the biggest frustration at this point. Dwight is still sucking it up night in and night out and he is taking away valuable possessions from the team and it's costly.

3. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Dmo will never come close to making any all star team and even Euro league.

4. marky :)

marky :) Member

Maybe DMo needs to man the f up during games. When he has good position in the post he needs to demand the ball and when he doesn't get it he needs to get on his teammates.

5. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

lol That's the same thing they told Pau Gasol when he was with the lakers (Post Phil Jackson) when Kobe would jack a whole bunch of shots. With Phil he got consistent touches, when he was with d'antonio he shot more threes in a season then he did his whole career. Now that he's with Chicago he's already had career high in points this year because of good coaching that makes it a focal point to make sure he get's consistent touches.

The point of all that is COACHING! Sure D-Mo can yell and scream for the ball, but then ask yourself why is that necessary? This is still a team sport and this should be already implemented in the game plan if D-Mo has to do all of that then something is wrong. And last point, most of the time the rockets have already jacked up 3 before he can even gain position and if he does gain position the guards become impatient.

6. kemah

kemah Member

lol

I am sure that having actual good players around him didn't help as it has to be the coaches.

7. omgTHEpotential

kemah will never come close to posting an intelligent response.

8. kemah

kemah Member

lol

You have proven to be an Einstein. What tip jar money you wanting?

9. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Watching DMo gives me flashbacks to Yao - gets good post position, calls for ball, teammate looks at him and immediately swings it to the other side of the court.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

For Christ sakes man... the coaching argument is stupid. Let me ask you this very simple question: Is it more realistic/likely to expect McHale to suddenly become a smart/good coach or for D-Mo to do what most NBA players trying to carve out a bigger role and DEMAND the ball? Ideally, it should be up to the coach. We don't have a good coach though. We have Kevin ****ing McHale. D-Mo is on his own and as such, needs to grow a pair and demand for more touches.

11. elainas

elainas Member

Fact is we play slower, and more IQ game with him on the floar, no rush the game, DMo put a lot of screens for Harden,in post he take good shots or find open man,.. january +- is best on the team +6.2 when Howard i.e +1.2, there is first serious season for him (+20min) so he will explode in league in future, question is does it happen in Rox or anywhere else,. Each time I repeat look at Gortat example- after 5 years in league under Dwigth shadow he go to Phenix and boom, so as a big man- question is only does we develop him faster or slower, just it. For those DMo's critics look at progress from day 1, to today in Rox uniform and then judge, or when he stop to progress till than support him

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Gortat isn't that good

13. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Ahh the Triangle Offense.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Your points are very accurate. I've mentioned that Harden is the only one who looks for him many times through this thread. I like that you cited that specific example because it completely highlighted this fact.

Though to be fair, Harden isn't the only one. It's just the other three guys who actually look for him are not in the rotation: Papa, Canaan, and Shved. To that point, it looks like D-Mo's confidence has been shaky the last 3 games. He's rushing his shots again which is not good. I attribute this to the whole team perming underwhelmingly and him feeling that "I'm a starter on an NBA team that should be elite but looks like **** lately" pressure for the first time.

Even during this "slump" though he's doing a good job. I expect him to go back to what he was doing previously and calm down a bit very soon. Hopefully tonight! We need a big game from him against Phoenix.

To your point, that it is somewhat D-Mo's fault, I agree to an extent. On the other hand, however, it has to be really frustrating and discouraging for a young player trying to play within the system when guys like Beverley, Ariza, and Jason Terry repeatedly ignore you a la Yao Ming in his career.

I can't really fault him way too much for that. But he definitely could be more assertive.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Who do you think should be the second offensive option?

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Agree. There are plenty of times where he's the only big on the floor and doesn't even try to establish post position. It's on others to feed him, but it's also on him to establish himself and call for the ball.

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I think that'll happen in a season or two with more playing experience and confidence.

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

IMO he needs to start doing that now. I'm not saying for him to start going Hulk on them for not getting him the ball. He needs to make it known that he wants the ball in the post.

19. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Hakeem should give him some pointers on being dominant. "Dammit, DMo! BE A MON!"

20. platypus

platypus Member

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fplay-index%2Fplus%2Flineup_finder.cgi%3Frequest%3D1%26player_id%3D%26match%3Dsingle%26lineup_type%3D5-man%26output%3Dper_min%26year_id%3D2015%26is_playoffs%3DN%26team_id%3DHOU%26opp_id%3D%26game_num_min%3D0%26game_num_max%3D99%26game_month%3D%26game_location%3D%26game_result%3D%26c1stat%3Dmp%26c1comp%3Dge%26c1val%3D60%26c2stat%3D%26c2comp%3Dge%26c2val%3D%26c3stat%3D%26c3comp%3Dge%26c3val%3D%26c4stat%3D%26c4comp%3Dge%26c4val%3D%26order_by%3Ddiff_pts&div=div_stats"></script>