1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It's a Cod sighting! All hail!

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

smdh...

Milwaukee is going to give up Giannis for a third string SF, two D-Leaguers, and the 14th pick? Come on, man.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

hope all is good now and we'll see you in the GARM more often bro

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Any more updates #Prognosis

5. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

If that's the trade then yeah... He's untouchable.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Need more of the real man - Codman and less of the fake man - Plowman.

1 person likes this.
  8. vator

vator Contributing Member

Hypothetically speaking, if we could get Love for some package involving DMo and the Pelly pick as the main outgoing assets, I suppose you HAVE to do it, but I'd truly wonder after seeing him in Cleveland and our matchup with them this year if that would be the best move. He is by far a better rebounder than DMo and that's about it right now. He isn't even shooting well at the moment. Would he be able to give us that floor spacer at the 4 that Dwight really needs to be most effective? That would be huge. DMo is a superior defender and pretty much scored on Love at will when they were matched up. I can't believe I'm even questioning this right now. Before the season started I'd have been adamant that this is a no brainer. Really speaks to how much DMo has grown combined with how slightly above average Love has looked while not being the number one option.

9. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Front Office is really high on Zach LaVine too. So it wouldn't be a surprise if he was traded. I want him to come here so we can bring Llull over too

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Kevin Love is not getting traded unless there is another all-star coming back, and it probably needs to be a "Lebron-Friend" type.

Maybe the Rockets could get him, but it would have to be a 3 or 4 team deal. The Cav's are trading Love for what the Rockets have so don't even bring it up unless its a 3 team deal.

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

Or you could view it as...

A young SF/PF that they tried to get from us in 2013.

A huge upside center to replace the gapping hole left by Larry Sanders

A PG that showed something as a starter when Beverley was out.

A 1st round pick that is likely to fall in the 12-14 range, but if lottery reform goes through, could be 4-7.

Don't forget that they already have Jabari Parker as their future at SF/PF.

12. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Yeah I say no to Love. Trading Dmo and the Pellies pick for Love is basically going all in on Howard's closing window. Screw that. Build this team around the young studs Harden & Dmo.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

No one is giving up Giannis. He is untouchable and the face of the franchise and has more upside than anyone in the NBA. They would trade Parker before Giannis, but they aren't trading either. Parker will play the 4 and Giannis will play the 2/3.

14. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Yeah agreed. Giannis is basically untouchable. The players Milwaukee would accept in a trade for the alphebet soup won't be offered.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No one views it that way.

16. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

I read this as Codman is referencing Bosh, and he may be somehow involved...
    couldn't keep up with this "one"....(CB jersey number),
    WRECKED teams in the 4th quarter from the left side....(CB is LEFT handed and was the FOURTH pick in the draft
    Moochie owes that paycheck to Cat and Stevie lol. - (CB had LBJ and Wade to thank for his contract (plus i don't like CB much, with multiple Houston misses - and it's a way to be passive agressive by calling him Moochie). :)

Seems there is obviously reference to Love, but I wonder if it is reference to Bosh stating that he was really genuinely interested in Houston, but chose to stay in Miami anyway...

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Love is an interesting name and I have thought about this. Morey is always looking for that 3rd all star and you know Morey and McHale would love to have Love here and love to go all in.

With that I think the Rockets would have to offer the following for Love to make salaries work and get the Cavs interest.

- DMo, Ariza, NOP Pick and Terry

T- his allows the Cavs to move Lebron to the 4 and have DMo off the bench or even give them the flexibility to play DMo at the 4 or the 5 and a low post option. Ariza gets the 3 and D assignment.

- Rockets get their much wanted BIG 3 but completely screw up our depth. You'd have to put Brewer in at the 3 and I think he will be eaten alive. However, Love is the perfect stretch 4 for this offense and Harden will benefit a lot.

Would anyone do this?

Personally I wouldn't but I think the front office are hell bent on a big 3

18. delishman

delishman Member

#freeplow #progman

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Doubt there's anything to Love but I think he'd still fit in perfectly here despite his current struggles. Remember that stat about Rockets' players rebounding a huge % of Harden's missed shots? Those alone would turn into 4 attempts per game for Love on top of 6 attempts from 3. That's 12-15 points a game resulting from him just standing around. 12-15 points falling into his lap.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Why do people think for one second we're getting Kevin Love? The Cavs are starting to win and their schedule between now and the All-Star Break(which coincides with the trade deadline) is a joke. There are a few tough opponents in that stretch, but all of them except for Detroit and Chicago are home games.

Forget Kevin Love. Hell, I don't want him anyway given his salary, his ability to walk after this season or next if he's unhappy, and the lack of success thus far in his career on 2 different teams.

What the Rockets need is a damn point guard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.