1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He wont be the lead guard here

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Glad to know Morey is targeting a PG upgrade.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He'd be 1B to Harden's 1A, which is a hell of a lot better than what he's got now in Phoenix. It's just a matter of whether or not the Suns are willing to let him go at the deadline, or just wait and let him go for free in the summer. Either way, Dragic won't be in PHX next year.

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

The Dragic dream is dead. Yes, Phoenix may lose him for nothing, but they'd rather that than show that they don't think they can make a run at the playoffs.
    No way by the deadline are they out of it. Yes they would like to pick some assets if they aren't hopeful on re-signing him, but it's not like they're passing on a lottery pick or game changer from us. This isn't like Minny giving up Love for wiggins, we have an at best 11th pick and a couple potential solid role players.

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Plowman. Pay up
    It was a solid effort, but Rubio and Bledsoe are staying put, Rondo was close but wrong city, and Dragic won't be coming to us either.

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

"nowhere" probably isn't the right word. My guess is that it's been "not right now".

If PHX is trailing OKC by more than 2 games at the deadline, Dragic is ours IMO.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Dude trade talks are fluid. TJ injury stalled talks.

Wait till the trade deadline, or the summer or next year. We are getting one of those 4 guaranteed.

1 person likes this.
  8. gregas

gregas Member

I don't know why people think that. If Phoenix just gets rid of Thomas, they're the cleat favorite to land him. Even if they don't, they have good chances. If Dragic is looking for a competitive team that can pay him, the suns are his best option. The question here is whether he hates his current role on the team enough, to spend the prime years of his carer playing for a bottom dweller. He might, but I don't know that and nobody else besides him does either.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

None of us knows what the man is thinking. Beyond getting paid, that is. And if he hits FA I know a pair of franchises with $$$ to burn and sky high profiles who just might come calling.

Dragic will get paid. I just don't believe it will be here, but whadda I know?

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Lead guard in a Harden O? So, no, to H-Town.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Just curious, how to accomplish when the extension kicks in?

12. thething

thething Contributing Member

I wouldn't count it out if the Knicks cut him. He would be the bargain at the minimum.

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

the rockets need two ballhandlers/playmakers on the floor at the same time.

reason why the rockets were so desperate to try out shved and smith in those roles next to to harden.

14. basketballholic

We need 7.89 million of outgoing salary to acquire Rubio. Any combination of players will work. And Minny has enough traded player exceptions to make it work.

That's likely not all that would be involved in a Rubio trade however. We will likely have to take back Chase or Martin. Chase wouldn't be a big problem since he expires next year. But Martin is a different story.

From Flips perspective....he's not likely to ever see better trade value than Capela plus the Pels lottery pick plus a dynamo point in, Canaan, plus Kostas. Flip knows that if he doesn't take that deal that Morey will be looking elsewhere for a point guard this summer and his chance of getting that Pels pick goes to almost nil.

Personally I think the indicators are pointing more and more towards us acquiring Rubio at the deadline in arguably one of the most controversial Rocket trades of all-time ranking right up there with the Battier trade. With most posters here trashing it initially. But after a year or so many of them will admit it turned out well.

15. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Hey man things are "fluid." They were going to take Early, but then at the last second saw some Capela highlights on YouTube and changed their mind. That's just how NBA front offices work.

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Get Lawson Morey! We really really need a 2nd playmaker

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This.

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    I'm having a hard time believing that DM will go "all in" on a point guard that can't stay healthy and has accomplished absolutely nothing. I guess we will see but the guy can't shoot and can't finish at the rim. A good passer with average defense and nothing else.

...but, In DM we trust so if he does decide to go "all in" for Rubio I will get behind it. Still, I will believe it when it happens.

19. delishman

delishman Member

WHOOHOHOhoooo... I'm the only INSIDER hype man around here.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Dragic would fit right into our offense. He would give us the second penetrator we desperately need. He would take significant pressure off everyone on the offensive end and Beverley compliments him.

Rubio is a misfit toy. I've always hated his game. I think Beverley might actually be the better player. He cant shoot. At all. With that said, the 1 thing Rubio would add that Dragic cannot (I don't think Lawson can either) is the ability to get Dwight easy buckets.

Right now we're not getting much out of Dwight on offense. Rubio can get him half a dozen good looks a game. There isn't a single player on this team that knows how to consistently get Dwight the ball in comfortable scoring position.

Harden is the best player we have at getting Dwight the ball and he turns it over too much when he tries, bounce passes too much, or places the ball in awkward places too much. Aside from DMo we cant even get the ball to Dwight in the post in an effortless way. A lot of it is on Dwight, he doesn't have great feel, he needs to have the ball spoon fed to him in the right spot, but that doesn't mean the right facilitator cant do it.

Because of that I think maybe Rubio really might be a top target. That particular skill is rare. Dragic doesn't have it. But what that really means? I'm not sure... MarK Jackson had that skill too and he was never elite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.