1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisInAZ

ChrisInAZ Member

If you know someone in the press, I would not call you an "insider" ...at least it needs to be qualified.

Honestly, I can't recall anything he's "called". For the most part, anything he's posted as "news" has been so vague (just like his latest) that there's hardly a track record.

But again, I challenge you to give me anything...a trade, a signing, something he called early. I've been on that board for 7+ years and there was only one insider (dirtybird) that was legit. And he's been gone for many years.

The Suns FO has been tight since 20012, and completely leakless since McDonough took over 20 months ago. Consider this- NotTraxxe knew absolutely nothing about the BOS-LAC-PHX deal that was consumated only 3 hours after his "inside info" post that listed teams the Suns have called.

Yes. This (as you want to have) insider knew nothing, like all of us 24 hours before Bledsoe signed. And the same is almost surely true when it comes to Dragic's availability.

He's not BS'ing...he's just passing along the same info any in the NBA press corp know. Much of which is bull****. There's nothing inside about it...maybe 5 minutes early. Big whoop.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Member

What's unclear is why you care.

3. ChrisInAZ

ChrisInAZ Member

Because with today's social media, unfounded and often completely untrue information like- "a Suns insider says Goran Dragic is being shopped" gets out there and causes unneeded friction. Stories get written up on click baiting sites, solely based on crazy rumors

I'm just counter-balancing with information.

Got a problem with that?

4. larsv8

larsv8 Member

No, you can post whatever you want, just curious why you have some personal crusade against this guy.

Everyone knows insiders should be taken with a grain of salt.

5. Aleron

Aleron Member

Media is given information that the team wants out there, sometimes its true, sometimes its bull****, but its always to their benefit. We have one person here who is friends with our GM, and as you'd expect, he doesn't give much of anything. Accidental unintended **** just doesn't leak, you can usually answer whether something is legit or bs by asking "why is this out there?" as most things are pretty transparent (for example, why he heard they wouldn't budge from 48m should be obvious, and that Bledsoe was willing to call said bluff also, it's like cards).

6. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Member

so at the very least do you have any information that's closer to the FO than what this guy has from reporters? Though he might not be an insider he seems to be closer to knowing information than you.

Countering with your own information that isn't any better unless you're saying you're an insider, makes it seem like you just don't like the narrative it presents.

And if you're information is based off your opinion on you're own common sense and what you think the PHX FO is thinking and likely to do.....I'm still waiting for you're response to my challenge to you in the "legit pg and 2nd C" thread.

Here I copied it for your convenience:

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Member

Is that you king drew ?

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Member

9. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Member

I wonder if Morey's going to tweet a proctologist joke about this......

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Gerald Greeeeeen

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Well, we know Morey is good at probing.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Paging Dr. Cyber ... Dr. Cyber to the emergency room please. Rockets fans en masse drinking cleaning supplies and self inflicted remote control blunt force trauma.

Give them some hope. A light at the end of the tunnel maybe? Must be evident to all by now that the current team isnt enough. (Well to everyone except Les Alexander)

Anything other than the bluff on Brook Lopez going on?

13. delishman

delishman Member

Related to Roe?

14. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Member

What's this doc rocket best beer nonsense

15. newAge_Rockets

Doc Rocket dropping hints in his last tweet that we're after Greivis Vasquez?

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

no, he's claiming any dragic deals are dead.

17. saleem

saleem Member

Seeing our desperation without another ball handler brought an idea to my head. I want to ask if trading for Tyreke Evans would make any sense? He seems to be doing fairly well in Holiday's absence. I know he can't hit the 3 ball, and he isn't a efficient scorer, but we need help.

18. sabesque

sabesque Member

Not sure who docs sources are anymore, but I'd guess his beer reference has us tapping the Rockies

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

As long as there is a shot that Phoenix can be in the playoffs, they aren't trading Dragic. Seeing as though they are making moves to strengthen their bench, and big man rotation, its even more evident.

I really don't think they care that much about the risk of losing Dragic in free agency. They seem to care more about re-establishing relevancy in the playoffs.

We probably should just move on from the Dragic talk.

Reggie Jackson, Jrue Holiday, J Jack, G. Hill, etc.

are probably the more realistic options... I'm not so sure we should be that excited about gutting assets for one of these guys. Things can change on a dime in the NBA, but right now, if the Rockets aren't going after Reggie Jackson, I'm not too hopeful for a major PG upgrade this year.

20. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

reggie jackson is the perfect scorer behind harden..wishful thinking though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.