1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 1/17/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2015.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

LOL

The best part about losses is all the turds that plop in giving speeches as if the loss gives justification to the r****ded positions they have held all season.

1 person likes this.
  2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

It's really not. Same Warriors team just lost to OKC, who's coached by Brooks. It's a player's league.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It won't get that far. If the Rockets lose in the first round this year and next year, Dwight's a goner(which may be a blessing in disguise, BTW). The real concern will be how long James sticks around if he sees this franchise going nowhere. I still can't believe Les gave McHale 3 more years. Well, I take that back. I CAN believe it and that's the problem.

And I'm not one of these people screaming for McHale's head. I wanted him gone last year after that Blazers series, but he's done a good job for the most part this season. But for God's sake, make him EARN that extension. Have him coach this 4th and final year of his deal(which BTW the Rockets did him a favor by picking up when they were under no obligation to do so) and actually lead this team somewhere(i.e. the second round or further). If McHale is butthurt for having to go into this summer as a free agent coach without a contract, that's his problem.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

The common theme is that the winning teams were all coming off of bad losses

So they did what they were supposed to do.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Jesus, some of you act like you've never watched the NBA before. Great teams- championship teams- have got blown out at home in the playoffs. The Chicken Crew already has Howard and Harden leaving. Jesus, that's stupid.

6. jk103

jk103 Member

Pretty much. Jackson was horrible for GS because he refused to work with his coaching staff, hire better assistants, or give them any credit. He pretty much undermined his own staff every step of the way. McHale... is probably an average head coach. I don't think he's the guy you'd want to take a borderline contender over the top, but he's not on Jackson's level, someone who will take an incredible roster and sabotage it to satisfy his own ego. Kerr may or may not be a brilliant head coach, but he's actually eager to hire great assistants and work with them and learn from them.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Missed the game. How'd it go?

1 person likes this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I can understand giving him the extension.

It tells the players that this is the coach, don't try to undermine him or don't think you are going to get him fired. This is the coach we are committed to.

Problem is...Les has never fired a coach in the middle of his contract I think...so there is that.

9. NotChandlerParsons

Pretty bad, man. We got blown out. Sky is falling, etc.

10. eman

eman Contributing Member

Very disappointed for the team, and especially for James. He disappeared like he did in the playoffs. Seems like solid D and evil refs stymie him. Dwight (5/7) outshot him (4/7) from the FT line. Maybe this was just a bad game that can happen to anyone, but for this to happen in the showdown with his main MVP competition does not bode well for our postseason prospects.

11. kemah

kemah Member

Harden sucked tonight. Shake it off and get them next time.

12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Jeez it's only Janurary folks! We'll improve! On that note, Rockets need to bring up Capela and looking forward to T Jones coming back.

Bottom line...Rockets gotta learn they CAN'T have mental lapses before half time or end of quarters as well as at the beginning of games to beat teams like the Warriors. That bad habit finally bit them in the ASS tonight.

13. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

GSW rested players last night and nobody with the exception of 1 player logged much more than 30 mpg.

It didn't take long for jay google to get owned. Keep in mind Portland was in 2nd night of a b2b playing without their starting C, backup C, banged up starting SG, and they don't have much of a bench, especially not the quality depth the rockets have
    God bless your homer heart

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This is ridiculous

15. NuttyEd

NuttyEd Member

That is not possible for an old school coach that does not like playing young guys and insists on short rotations.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Blazers in the playoffs and recent Bulls and Warriors games show the way to beat us is to let Dwight get his and stay real close to our 3pt shooters and contain Harden.

17. DreamEarlNolan

It appears to me that the Rockets biggest need is a second scorer. When Harden is off the Rockets have no offense.

1 person likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

This.

19. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Brewer is reverting to his mean on his 3pt shots

20. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

This was pretty much the basketball equivalent of Apollo Creed vs. Ivan Drago.