1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Kevin Garnett loses his cool, headbutts Dwight Howard, gets ejected

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

LOL noooo. What is KG going to do kill him? In a fight Dwight would destroy him. To bad KG only starts fights when they are televised, with security, police, NBA officials, and assistant coaches all there to break it up. Has there ever been evidence that KG has ever got into a real fight? All you have to do is take him to the ground and beat him silly - he's a little stick man.

Other then fight Dwight and lose - what will KG do? You say he's so crazy but these guys are millionaires - some with their own security. I don't get it? Will he drive by his house and shoot it up? Get his boyzzzzz on him? That's not mental - that's chicken****

2. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Here's one of my favorites....

Celtics were in Houston for a game. After the game, the Celts went out to one of our more prominant strip clubs. Two things that tell you everything you need to know about KG:

1. One of their guards, who shall remain nameless, got wasted. He was tipping a performer on stage, dancing around like a fool, and abruptly vomited on the stage. KG stood up from their table, ran to the stage, poured an entire bottle of Grey Goose on him in front of everyone and screamed something to the effect of: "You dumb MF. How dare you act like that in my presence. I'm the F-ing big ticket. You don't embarass me in public." Then grabbed the dude by his neck and started rubbing his face into the vodka/vomit cocktail he left on the stage.

2. Once his teammates (I believe PP or Perk) separated them, KG went to a table in the corner of the club for about 30 minutes. At that table, he literally sat there with his head in his hands talking to himself....the entire time, a one man conversation (similar to what he was doing last night after the incident with Dwight). My neighbor equated it to the homeless dude you see downtown that is on the corner talking to himself and laughing. He also said one of the Celts went over to talk to KG at the table, and KG did not even acknowledge he was there...just kept mumbling things to himself.

This is just one of the many tales I have heard. As I eluded to earlier, this dude needs some serious help. It is not an act. What's more sad, is the fact that the people closest to him won't tell him he needs help due to fear of how he would react.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Its a damn shame he's good as basketball.
    He should be locked up in a psych ward in a straitjacket for the rest of his life.

Instead he's showering in luxury and wealth. That POS.
    Like I said I knew he was crazy. It doesn't help that all these armchair basketball purists think he's doing the sport a huge favor by being off the walls crazy.
    People are glorifying him and that is sad. Glorify him for being a good basketball player, not for being a psycho.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

LOL Loser KG out a game ck. 120k.

5. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Not to be a bleeding heart or anything, but it's not his fault he has some sort of mental health issue. He didn't chose that for himself.

I will leave it at that, because one, I am not a KG apologist and two, because my thoughts on this would be more fitting for the D&D.

6. Cypress

Cypress Member

KG not about the action. all that guy do is bark.

7. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I don't know why this myth gets perpetuated, in the 80's Akeem used to get kicked out of games all the time. Just look at the 86 series against the Lakers. The suspensions are longer and more often because there is more money involved now. Kermit Washington got suspended for a year and that was in the 70's. Fighting has never been allowed, that's hockey.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XHG4MovL7Vc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  8. RedRedemption

Yeah probably.
    I'm just pissed off at the amount of people that enable his behavior.
    I'm obviously unreasonably biased, but damn it I hate KG.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm not sure why people think Dwight would destroy KG. Dwight doesn't have any formal training, that I know of, he's a jokester, and KG is the crazy aggressive one. Action will usually beat a hesitant reaction.

10. RedRedemption

Look at Dwight's frame.
    Then look at KG's frame.
    Then look at Dwight's frame again.

Neither are trained fighters so if KG really sets Dwight off and Dwight no longer cares about potential repercussions; that is the day that KG will die. RIP in peace as Dwight picks up KG and breaks his back like a twig Bane style.

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

Dwight should use his strength and go for takedowns on KG. While on the ground Dwight needs to transition into dominant positions while providing some ground and pound. The key is to not give KG breathers and continuously work on improving position.

KG has long limbs and arms so look for KG to attempt submissions whenever he can on his back. Should be a close one but I see Dwight winning a unanimous decision.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Dwight is all shoulders and he doesn't excel in overall quickness/movement. Weights don't hit back. You've got to be able to out movements together, use momentum, leverage, etc. KG is more athletic, in the true sense of the word. Crazy also doesn't care. KG would probably stomp his head, if he could. Dwight would give him time to get up.

Dwight has trouble squatting down and is post back surgery. He won't be doing any ground work.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Ariza plays the passing lane so well. :grin:

15. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

try 120k buddy.

16. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

LMAO. Ditto

17. nobie

nobie Member

He didnt choose it, but its damn obvious that he is mental case for himself, unless he is in denial (like alcoholics are in denial about being alcoholics).

18. SemisolidSnake

I'm surprised Ariza could hold on to him. Garnett perpetually looks like the sweatiest person in existence.

Also, I feel sort of bad for McHale. He brought Garnett into the league, and they're good friends (I recall them hugging a couple years ago at a game). It must hurt to see his longtime friend act like a total psycho, ****head to his current team.

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It's coming from people who have not been in many or any fights who think the dude with the lower bf % is the automatic winner. KG and Dwight are so similar in size it's a wash and weight room strength means jack **** in a fight.

I do applaud Dwight's hand speed.

20. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Made me think about Pinky from Next Friday ... "Say it again! Say it again!"