1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Kevin Garnett loses his cool, headbutts Dwight Howard, gets ejected

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

First time I see KG trying to punk someone bigger than him.

2. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Oh I see what you did there. You changed one letter in his name. That is so funny.

3. TheMountainTop

He has tried to punk Tim Duncan before plenty of times.

4. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

I forget how much Akeem used to love to fight.

And how much more fighting there used to be in the Nibba.

5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Yes. You are sorry and a douche to boot. Now do us all a favor and **** off.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is all good. Brooklyn lost their man, the game and lost face.

7. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

KG reminds me of that girl from Bring it On

[​IMG]

8. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

KG has always been a fake tough guy (see Anthony Peeler video) who tries these antics in an attempt to get into people's heads.

D12 really needs to give a couple of hard fouls or knock somebody out with his elbows and pay a short term price for an action that will benefit him and the team in the long term.

One thing I will agree with Shaq on is that Howard needs to be more of an enforcer. Nobody wanted any part of Dikembe Mutombo's elbows. Sure Deke would get some offensive fouls here and there because of it, but the rep he had based off of that as somebody you don't wanna mess with once he secures a rebound and clears out was well worth it.

Same with Shaq...people often cleared the paint when the Big Diesel made his way through to throw it down since they didn't wanna pay the price of being in his way even if it meant an offensive foul would be called on O'Neal, but Dwight has a reputation for being soft. All his singing and dancing and actin' a fool certainly doesn't help that image. Take a couple of people out and start being super aggressive in the paint and teams will start to think twice about antagonizing Howard and treating him like he's mentally and/or physically soft.

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

So sick of this "Dwight is soft" bull ****. Sorry that Dwight isn't some ****ing egotistical maniac douchebag who tries to pick fights with all the young and upping stars to prove they are 'tough' and still relevant. If you ask me, they are just fake tough guys and are attention whores more than anything. I respected the hell out of KG back in his Minny days, but this was just pathetic. Jeez.

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Garnett has always been a punk. But you can not deny the old man's passion and ability to get the other team's player out of their game. Garnett knows the nets are not going anywhere. The team is no way close to contenders. He is having fun his final season and showing a guy like Dwight how it was done. The NBA has gotten really soft since the infamous Detroit vs Pacers game ten years ago. Mchale was just as much of a punk during his playing years, where do you think Garnett learned it from. I honestly feel like guys are just trying to light a fire under Dwight's ass. He has the ability to be one of the greatest ever. He just needs that passion that the other greats had.

11. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

He has mastered this to an art. He knows when to say it and how to make it appear that he's not wanting to be held back.

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

HAHAHAHHA "KG SO INTENSE SUCH THROWBACK MUCH FIRE"

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I almost wish we had Bynum. Same guy who collapsed Gerald Wallace's lung with a cheap shot to the ribs.

But nah KG doesn't deserve that. KG deserves a nice roundhouse kick to the face though. Nothing permanently damaging but enough to make him stop acting like a little b****.

14. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I about died when he tried to sneak up behind him lol

15. kchin

kchin Member

More and more superstars are getting in their head that its the cool to try and test Dwight Howard. First Kobe, then Durant, and now Kobe. Dwight needs to address this and put other players on notice that he won't put up with that sh**t anymore. Its not like Dwight is some young rookie punk. He's a frickin 10 year accomplished vet who does not deserve this treatment from other players much less other superstars.

Kevin Garnett would not have reacted that way to Kendrick Perkins, David West or Nene. And yes KG is a fake tough guy.

16. kchin

kchin Member

No that's not it. If anything that was just a playful tap to the chest from Dwight but I think Garnett had been complaining throughout the game about Dwight hooking him in the paint.

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

kevin garnette doesnt want any part of dwight howard. lucky he only got a slap, he should sent dwight a thank you letter

18. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

lol I came here for this .gif... Hakeem is a god amongst men.

Why can't the NBA go back to being this way again?

19. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Two findings from the altercation:

1. Look at Trevor Ariza's defensive moves. Arize for DPOY!

2. JB Bickerstaff stepped on the court murmuring, "Timeout. Timeout."

20. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Lol classic Hakeem. I dont like how ticky tack the league has gotten. Not that what happened last night should be allowed, but a lot of times these "flagrant" fouls and technicals are things that I wish they would let go.

That being said, I wish Howard had seriously clocked KG and the refs let it go :)

That guy is a fake tough guy and a punk, and always has been. Up here I'm Boston, I hated watching or hearing about him. And what the heck was he so upset about? Jeez