1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isaiah Canaan sent to The RGV Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Jan 11, 2015.

1. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Bye, Canaan. He'll be traded by trade deadline. :p

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Flexibility--we find out what we have in Shved.

And we can showcase both Shved and Canaan for possible trades, since both will get PT albeit on different levels.

3. cmellon

cmellon Member

Showcasing Shved so they can trade him

4. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

HMM...NOW THIS IS INTERESTING...BEVERLY'S THOUGHTS ON ALEXY BELOW:

HOUSTON CHRONICLE:
    The Rockets got another player back on Saturday night.

Guard Alexey Shved, who was traded to the Rockets about three weeks ago from Philadelphia, has been sidelined with a left ankle sprained but was cleared to play on Saturday.

Rockets coach Kevin McHale said he would try to get Shved into the lineup over the next several games.

“He is feeling much better,” McHale said. “We haven’t had much practice time yet though. I like him. He has great vision, he has great height, he really drives to pass. He is a pass-first guy. We will try to find a way to fit him into our rotation.”

Guard Pat Beverley is already pretty familiar with the fellow point guard. The two played together in Russia three years ago.

“We’ve been playing together for a long time,” Beverley said. “I am glad he is over here with me. He can really shoot the ball. His IQ for the game is high.

“I think he will be a nice addition for our team. I am glad he is getting healthy.” http://bit.ly/1BRBQuJ

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

shved, canaan, and papa will be packaged at the deadline.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

But for whom, my brutha?

7. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

8. bj83gc

bj83gc Member

Its funny how everybody here is acting like their in love with cannon and saying he should get PT when THE SAME people here were saying he was the obvious cut coming into training camp, keeping Ish Smith. With all that being said cannon should be with the vipers, he needs to get back into rhythm after coming back to early from his injury. He will be a major part of the rotation after the deadline when morey makes his annual deadline deals.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When we were at our best this year Canaan was the starter.

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

well, when you see canaan step up at the end of summer league and during the stretch that bev was out, he gave us way more than smith could. he totally deserves a spot in the rotation, backing up bev.

to me, he's the 3rd best shot creator after harden and Dmo

11. PooleBoi7

PooleBoi7 Member

Why are ya'll always looking for some type of trade to happen or some move has to be indicative of a trade? The guy was apparently not getting PT for a reason so as a means of keeping him fresh, let him play in RGV. Nothing wrong with this move. He'll be back as soon as we need him. DMO had to ride the pine even though he had talent, and so does Canaan. I'm high on Canaan. Honestly, I'd rather have him than Dragic.

12. Dreamshake93

Dreamshake93 New Member

I can't believe some of the people on here aren't giving Jason terry any credit. He's shooting 40% from behind the arc and is our veteran presence. He's still got plenty left in the tank and I would much rather have him in the lineup then Canaan. Canaan will be a solid player but still needs improvement which he won't as long as he is registering DNP's all season.

13. PooleBoi7

PooleBoi7 Member

Spoken like a true brotha, my brotha...

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

No ****. Some folks here react to news and losses like a hysterical female mental patient off her meds, going through withdrawal, and suffering from an extreme case of PMS. (with no disrespect to women intended)

15. alethios

alethios Member

I think it's the opposite reason we sent him to RGV. I think Morey is hiding him until after the trade deadline. I think he's making it look like Canaan still needs development and is not NBA-ready, in hopes that he will fly under the radar of opposing teams' GMs. Plausible?

16. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Agreed and it's a major source of frustration. This team is missing one more creator to be elite and Canaan can be that guy for 20 mins a night.

17. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Best case scenario but I doubt that's morey's end game.

18. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Spot on!

19. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Over thinking this in my option. Why allow him to rot on the bench? Allow him to play down there for awhile.

20. RacerJoeD

RacerJoeD Member

Terry is old. He has played very well so far, but will he be able to perform at the same level in game 78? I hope so, but it isn't likely.

What kills me is seeing posts about Canaan being a playmaker (he is and has shown it) while taking shots at how tall he is. He didn't shrink amy from when he was playing well and being a playmaker.

Then I see Nate Robinson mentioned as a trade target. Canaan is taller, younger, cheaper, and has a higher vertical (not super relevant but worth noting).

Then, there was the talk about how Canaan wasn't getting PT because of his defense. Immediately, he is behind the Russian Turnstyle Shved.

I'm starting to see a pattern here. They bring in Ish Smith to take Canaan's spot. Canaan gets in the court and shuts down that noise. They bring in JET (a really good move) and when Canaan is on the court, he has people talking about him taking Beverlys spot. He gets hurt, and all of a sudden he isn't good enough to play?

What else does he have to do? If the answer is to "be taller", sorry. If the answer is "pass more", at what cost? Are you assuming that most of his scoring is coming off his control of the ball? How much is from an assist? How many are the right shot?

This guy absolutely has the talent, the attitude, and the will to be successful in this league. The Rockets will regret it if they let him go. Mark my words.