1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alexey Shved to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Dec 19, 2014.

1. BasketballMind

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FSmxjCvO0Sc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S4E9zBXwDQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#421 BasketballMind, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  2. NotChandlerParsons

I don't think he can really shoot. He had a hot start his rookie year and then trailed off and has never had a season over 30%. That wouldn't be the end of the world but he apparently caught Can't Make A Layup Disease from Ricky Rubio.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Thanks for the links. In spite of the face mask, and the driving dunk, he just didn't stick in my memory at all.

Edit: In the second video all I see is terrible Rockets defense, haha.

4. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Member

2012 was the year each game had a random scrub go off since harden didn't play d

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Alright, Shved. Come show us something.

6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

He has done absolutely nothing to be worthy of playing time!!

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Member

Is he over injury

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I love when people say someone is "deceptively quick" because 99% of the time they are talking about a white player

9. BasketballMind

Lol yes Rockets D sucked.. it's crazy this was the roster just, what, two seasons ago?

10. mockster

mockster Member

I say trade shved. Reason is he's got a 4 mil contract. That's cap space we could use for a trade near deadline. As far as nba trade machine goes you can only trade shved by his self not with other players.

11. bongman

bongman Member

And I love it even more people claim they can read other peoples mind :rolleyes: he has a slow dribble and moves methodically without a lot of flash which makes the defender think they can give him an inch. Next thing you know, he's at the basket.

That stigma that white players can't jump or that they can't be fast or quick is so 10 yrs ago. Welcome to 2015.

12. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

You can aggregate his salary with other players beginning Feb 19. That was the whole point of the Dec 19 deadline for Morey trades.

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

im not saying I read your mind but that quote is almost always in regards to a white player its more of a subconscious thing than anything... when people talk about black players they almost never say, "He is surprisingly athletic"

also you said he was a good shooter which is another thing people tend to say about white players even if its not true like in Shveds case

14. nobie

nobie Member

Shved is surprisingly athletic for a white player, but with with below average shot.

15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

You are surprisingly upset over a post.

16. bongman

bongman Member

Not to me. Maybe it's just you. I have heard a few folks characterize the beard as surprisingly athletic. Same for Draymond Green, Matthews, Barkley, etc. Dmo is not deceptively quick as there are no deceptions in his quick moves.

I understand that there are still some people who think this way, but unless somebody characterizes somebody despite of his/her ethnicity, there is no reason to bring up race.

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

do i really sound upset... I thought it was funny

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We need to see if he can be the secondary playmaker we are looking for or we need to trade for someone else and lose someone on our current rotation.

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Can somebody fix Shved's uniform? He's always pushing the sleeves up because he has narrow shoulders

20. newAge_Rockets

I'm on it, Chief.