1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ric Bucher: Rockets hot and heavy after a PG upgrade; don't count out Deron Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jan 8, 2015.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2323885-buchers-nba-trade-buzz-are-the-rockets-in-play-for-a-big-name-point-guard

Here's the transcription of what he says in the vid:

The Cleveland Cavaliers have been the most aggressive team so far on the trade market, so which team is likely to follow them? Everyone around the league right now is expecting that it’s the Houston Rockets -- no surprise based on their history or the fact that they just went out and got Josh Smith added into their equation in spite of chemistry questions. So Daryl Morey, no doubt is burning up the phones, and the expectation is he’s going to go hot and heavy after a point guard. They love Patrick Beverley, but ideally he is the third guard in that rotation. And to give an indication of just how aggressive they might be, sources around the league are saying don’t count Deron Williams out from the Brooklyn Nets, even though he has that fat contract and right now he has a rib injury. Far more likely is that they go back to a guy they already know, Goran Dragic, who is in a crowded back court with the Phoenix Suns and could be got with that New Orleans #1 pick that the Rockets have right now.

2. NotChandlerParsons

3. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

That Bucher...he sure stays a step ahead of everyone, doesn't he?

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Bucher breaking all the big news.

5. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

I really REALLY dislike that guy when it comes to anything basketball related he says some of the dumbest things and will not waver when proven wrong time and time again. One example he said he would rather have derrick rose over Lebron James....

6. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I'd believe Gogi, but Deron Williams -- no way. Didn't Morey himself indicate something to the effect that Williams was a target, but his play had changed that. Isn't he coming off the bench now for the Nets. I'm very doubtful of this. I feel like if Morey couldn't shake loose Gogi, he'd go after a guy like Lawson with the Nuggets, who could probably be had. Denver letting go of Mozgov seems to be an indication that they know they aren't going to compete in the west and want to stack up as many draft picks as they can. Plus, you know how Morey feels about that '09 draft class.

7. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

Bucher been reading Cybersex thread.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Bucher? So I guess we can safely say that Deron Williams is not a target. Hooray!

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Can someone explain why we keep getting linked to DWill? Is there something Morey sees that we don't?

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this mutt makes bill ingram look like a pulitzer prize recipient

1 person likes this.
  11. dlite316

dlite316 Member

whats bucher's account on cluchfans?

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Former Jazz player just seem right...

13. boiler

boiler Member

Bev's offended.

14. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

No thank you.

15. Swishh

Swishh Member

If Dragic could be gotten with that NOP pick, Dragic would already be in a Rockets uniform.

1 person likes this.
  16. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Nets gives us 1st round pick to take Deron off their hands??

17. i3artow i3aller

Forget D.Will, has there ever been talk of Houston & Ty Lawson? Dragon/Lawson both seem like an ideal fit with our current group of guys.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Ty lawson seems more likely.

1 person likes this.
  19. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

Didn't even read it. Just want to show my lack of care for anything bucher

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I bet it just occurred to him yesterday that he should check out CF for some idea.