1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BBallbreakdown] Donatas Motiejunas Scouting Report

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CDrex, Jan 5, 2015.

1. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Full story

Pretty decent breakdown on our favorite Lithuanian went up today. Looks at his defensive improvement, shooting struggles, and post dominance. I didn't know he was the league's leader in hook shots - guess he's earned the ridiculous Captain Hook nickname the broadcast crew stuck him with. :p

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is what happens when you don't fear the wolves.

1 person likes this.
  3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

But, but, but he's a mediocre defender and a big ol replaceable scrub :rolleyes:

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

At the beginning of the season, Dmo's future in the NBA was uncertain. The growth he displayed in half a season is amazing. This kid has a long future ahead of him in the NBA.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Once Motiejunas shows something during intense playoff series then he will get more respect. During the season he will earn more respect by consistently doing good like he has been but ultimately you've haven't arrived until you go toe to toe with the bigs in western conference playoffs and ball out.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

MORE DONUT POST-UPS PLEASE!!!

He should have 10 post-ups a game. Legit third scorer every single night...

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It was hard to dominate from the bench.

I still maintain, and will go to my grave doing so, if D-mo had been guarding Aldridge we win that series last year.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Thank GOD for injuries or he would have done this elsewhere.

DD

1 person likes this.
  9. Progs

Progs Member

All hail Lord Motiejunas!!!

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Jesus, DD. The things you say sometimes. Bad juju!

11. RedRising14

RedRising14 Member

Agree. Much more skilled in the post than Dwight (Dwight is good at a lot of things, but NOT post ups. ;)). I think working with Hakeem really helped D-Mo.

12. bmd

bmd Member

Dwight seems like a pretty good post player when he doesn't lose the ball. When he's focused and committed and not being double-teamed, he can get some pretty nice buckets in the post.

13. RedRising14

RedRising14 Member

Yea I guess that's true but he loses the ball/makes mistake a lot. I know it's "sample size", but I just think D-Mo's post game is better. Not a Dwight hater at all I think he's a beast but he's good at certain things.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Every Player DD has fallen in love with has been irreparably jinxed or traded. Doesnt look good for DMO.

15. nemac

nemac Member

LMA was playing out of this world.. making contested 3s etc. Don't think much less experienced DMO guarding LMA would have made as big a difference as Harden getting a few more calls or giving a damn on D; overall team D effort; a more consistent bench and minus a few key boneheaded plays.

16. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Once he bulks up a bit and becomes a better rebounder, he'll be a star. Also, imo he needs an 18 footer. Not a 3, just a mid range J.

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

It's amazing that there are some fans that still say Motiejunas is not a good defender.

18. dragician

dragician Member

no need to fear the wolves, cuz the big one is already playing alongside with him.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Didn't realize this is only his 3rd season, damn. DMO is one of my fav Rox because just like Harden he walks the walk when it comes to wanting to improving himself and wanting to win. You see players like Melo talk about winning and trying to nail that game winner every night, but then you look at his game and realize dude does nothing but goof off during the summer and really is just relying on his God-given gifts.

With DMO, I was a fan when he came in the Rox and some poster showed what he looked like during the offseason, the amount of muscle and mass he was able to gain in such a short period shows his work ethic and it is paying dividends this year. I'm confident that barring injuries this guy with his combination of length, speed, work ethic and high bball IQ will become a star in the next couple of years.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

But...... He was "Out of the Rotation" in November of 2013, and should have been traded at that point for scraps or else Morey would have lost all value for him and Jones. Could have had Derrick Williams instead if you would have just LISTENED to me Morey.

Thank you for your contributions BasketballHollic and CXBBY