1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Jeremy always knows what to say to mobilize his fanbase, I'll give him that. LOL.

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Powerless to stop throwing the ball away?

LOL

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

still root for this guy and hope he starts to play better. he is a very easy player to pull for, and this is coming from someone that gets rather annoyed when someone brings up their religion often.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SdcGoBOsaQM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He's too ****ing emotional and sensitive to play in this league. Put those Harvard connections to work and start a new "Lin" line like Fubu or something.

6. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

Shut the **** up.

You have never experienced how me and our Taiwanese people got marginalized in our daily life just because we speak the same dialect as the Mainland Chinese.

I know this is not the right forum to speak out on this issue. But we had an freaking idiot who tried to group us under the Chinese earlier in this thread so I had to respond here.

Once again, shut the **** up.

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Rustlemania

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Why are you still on this forum? (You only joined bc of Lin right? Do you post about anything else?) Stop the Asian v. Asian fighting please. I'm sure there's a lot of injustice towards all sorts of Asians. Lin sucks, blah blah blah, he's a good guy, good Christian, I'll root for him, but he seems to not have it mentally/emotionally together enough to sustain success in the L. Done. Why is this thread still here? My bad for contributing to the problem I guess.

9. rocketblood713

10. Throttle

Throttle Member

dayum this thread is still going on... the nba must be really boring to still have this as one of the hottest topics lol..

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Lin is a national treasure... of both Taiwan and US&A. We should cherish and appreciate him while he's still in the league.

12. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

Yes I did. Actually I seldom talk about Lin until today. Surprised, huh? Use your search.

13. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

You shut the f*** up. As a fellow Taiwanese, the amount of whininess and "poor me" attitude is downright embarrassing.

People don't just give you respect, you earn it. Lin hasn't done ANYTHING that would make people respect him. He's a mediocre point guard that shows flashes of decent to good play. That's it.

Yao, on the other hand, was a very good player, and he deserved more respect than he got...if only he hadn't been plagued by injuries, he could have been the most dominant center in the league for several years. Lin? Most dominant bench rider on the Lakers.

2 people like this.
  14. VanityHalfBlack

EVERYBODY SHUT THE FUKK UP!!!!

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

honestly, this thread should be closed.

Also, Lin is from the USA.... and should be treated as such. Trust me, he was not opposed to this "taiwanese-China oppression" that the other posters have suggested... he grew up pretty comfortably in California.

In the end, Lin is just another mediocre USA-born basketball player who ultimately fizzled out. He's set for life thanks to two good weeks on the biggest stage... which will ulitmately be his biggest accomplishment. Hell, there have been many players who never even had that, so he's accomplished something... just won't ever live up to the hype that was created surrounding that time period.

16. VanityHalfBlack

/thread [​IMG]

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's right.

99ers marginalize rookies because we own them.
    there is no land dispute here, the nation of 99ers rule.

our khan , klutch has marginalized these eunuchs for a reason.

brother forget them and let us ride to victory next week in the glory of the land of the desert sun.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am sorry if that happened to you in your daily life but Jeremy should have united Mainland Chinese, Taiwanese, Asian Americans and other Asians rather segragated them.

And it is the wrong place to do so. There are still older generation of Taiwanese who feel the connection to the Mainland.

With that being said nobody has to shut up but rather stay on topic instead of hating on an average NBA player or loving him too much. (Jeremy)

19. baubo

baubo Member

This post seems incredibly... I can't say racist because Chinese and Taiwanese are the same race... but... Assuming you actually believe this, I feel ashamed to be grouped as the same race as you.

20. watashi315

watashi315 Member

To be more specific, Chinese and Taiwanese are NOT races but nationalities. I know Taiwan is not a nation technically but they have their own system and passport. Both China and Taiwan have lots of ethnic minorities but I think what you're referring to is that Taiwan and China are run by a ethnic Han majority.