1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vernon Maxwell, Josh Smith, Rodman [NBA.com]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Jan 2, 2015.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Apparently all have 'wacky tendencies' hahaha :grin:

Perfect photo to describe Max, though this piece written by Dr. Blueberry is just awful. No mention of him being the key to 22-1 run, clutch plays all around, 31 point turn around in Phoenix nor his great defense?

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

As Morey would put it, "getting Josh Smith is increasing the variance." You've gotta commit to all in to at least have the best chance at a run to the trophy.

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

It's amazing that there are some ignorant and mentally questionable posters on this site who hold a scumbag like Maxwell in such high regard.

Meanwhile one of the best players ever for this organization who has done a vast amount of humanitarian work is treated with such disdain and classlessness.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Agreed. The way some posters talk about Lin is appalling.

5. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

I agree, the fact that some people think Lin is one of the best Rockets ever is quite appalling.

6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Who said anything about holding Maxwell in high regard? And are you referring to the hate for Howard? If so, I can give you a very clear explanation: they are judged for what they do and did ON THE COURT! I like Max for what he did for the Rockets, he gave his all and that is something you can question with Howard.

1 person likes this.
  7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

lol :grin:

8. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

I believe he was referring to McGrady.

In any case, i try to keep what they did as Rockets separate from who they are off the court, since we only catch a glimpse of who they really are. Also appreciating ones contributions doesn't constitute praise

9. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Wow. Are you a Rockets fan?

10. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Weird a sports site with males that have opinions that match their high testosterone.

1 person likes this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're a fake ass rocket fan.

vernon maxwell won a championship for the rockets.

People who don't love vernon maxwell hate clutch city.

people who hate clutch city are fake rockets fans.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude whack has stated he hates hakeems mvp.
    Hating maxwell would only confirm that he should have been the portland fan in the stands that faithful night.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

I agree with your post.
    Beware of non believers on this thread

14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Dang... if he didn't pitch a fit for being a sixth man when Drexler came aboard... we could have had taken one or two championships from the Bulls.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Maxwell was a real dude off the court too. What? He got arrested for weed in his car and he had a gun in his Porsche.

That was the 90s in Houston. Vernon maxwell hung with real houstonians .

what is dudewhack going to hate now?

He probably hates tupac and naughty by nature.

And probably hates frenchys fried chicken.

and hates marvin zindler and paul,bausch

16. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Max was the man. He shut down Jordan and knocked down all kinds of clutch shots. If you don't know why he ran in to the stands and did what he did to that fan then you don't nnow rockets basketball.

Do some research and respect the champs.

1 person likes this.
  17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

my man!!!

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

If you can excuse the incident with Carl Herrera, op is obviously referring to this part of Maxwell's journey:

I'd like some insight into this as well. This isn't about T-Mac vs. Mad Max, he shouldn't have ever been brought into the conversation. Having said that, why are his actions (in a vacuum) excused?

19. tinman

Supporting Member

keep watching til the end
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o1uld6O7SnM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

God Bless Vernon Maxwell

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Wait wait wait! I gotta bring out a James Harden OH MY GOD pic:
    [​IMG]

No one needs to get schooled on Maxwell's post-Rocket sad story, 'cause everyone here already knows. No need to go in to that. No one is advocating anything Mad Max did post-Rocket.

The OP's article is about what Mad Max did for the Rockets and how it didn't go in to full detail of the shear butt-kicking awesomeness that man did for us to make our 1st championship a reality. Come on, man, you can't be bad-mouthing VERNON MAXWELL on CLUTCHfans. He's the whole reason we're "Clutch City".

1. He called out our fans for not selling out the Summit in a Rd 2 playoff series home game. Hell yes.
    2. He got into Barkley's face after Barkley did a dirty flagrant foul on our main man Dream. Even got ejected. Hell yes x2.
    3. I distinctly remember that horrible, punch-in-the-gut feeling when we were down 2-0 in the Rockets-Suns series and we were trailing them by a good 3+ buckets at halftime. I was 14 sitting 2 ft from the TV when all of a sudden Mad Max decides he's just gonna go ahead and take over the entire game. That dude became a legend to everyone that night.
    4. Game 7 Finals 3pt dagger.

1 person likes this.