1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toddler reaches into purse and gun goes off killing mom

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mr. 13 in 33, Dec 31, 2014.

1. VanityHalfBlack

leave your firearms out of reach when children are nearby. Having one in your purse tells me:

1. You live in a dangerous city
    2. Republican
    3. You were a victim of an assault
    4. Having an abusive husband
    5. Suicidal

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

"She was not the least bit irresponsible"
    _____

I would have to disagree.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That doesn't make any sense.

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Not irresponsible, yet allows her 2 year old to have access to her firearm, likely with the safety set to off.

The people that feel they need handguns for safety, are going to carry them into the store. They pretty much carry them everywhere they can. They live with the mindset that somebody could rob the store while they are there, or they could get mugged on the way to the car. These things do happen, and have happened at Wal-Mart, but they are incredibly unlikely. They don't think about the potential for accidents, because they believe they are always being safe responsible gun owners. My brother carries one all the time. My step-brother does as well, despite having shot himself in the hand while cleaning it.

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Yeah, who keeps their dogs in the trunk? :confused:

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Guns don't kill people, toddler with guns kill people.

7. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Gun left laying in purse, with one in the chamber, cocked, and the safety off. Not irresponsible at all.

[​IMG]

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Guns don't kill people, toddlers do.

9. fchowd0311

Oops. I guess you beat me to it.

10. fchowd0311

She wanted to condition 1 that b**** for an immediate response. Even though condition one still has the safety on.

11. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I've known PLENTY of democrats that practice concealed Carry - and some that advocate Open carry.

Heck, this guy is one of the most liberal people I've ever met...and listen to this moronic rant...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0b6UJsfTAnA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Exactly.

13. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I always wonder. What is the story of that gif?

14. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The woman in question has most likely shopped at that Walmart for years... and most likely, has never been robbed in the store, never been mugged on the way to the car.

On the other hand... her carrying that gun, irresponsibly as she did, did result in her own death... at the hands of her infant son.

A terrible thing to happen, without a doubt. But hopefully it will stop at least one other person from doing it and having it happen again...

16. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

Police: Officer killed in Austin Walmart, suspect arrested

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – A police officer was shot and killed early Friday at a Walmart in Central Texas, and a suspect is in custody, police said.

Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo said the officer was shot in the neck and died at the scene. The department identified him as Senior Police Officer Jaime Padron and said he had two daughters, ages 10 and six.

Padron was responding to a call about a drunk man inside the store around 2:30 a.m., Acevedo said. The suspect attacked the officer as soon as he arrived at the store and Padron didn't have a chance to even pull out his own weapon.

"The suspect produced a semi-automatic pistol and shot the officer at point blank range," Acevedo said. The wounded officer was able to call for help using his police radio, he added.

The police chief declined to identify the suspect, who was being held at the Travis County jail.

"This was a routine call," Acevedo said. "What makes our job deadly is that there is no routine call."

Two Walmart employees tackled and held the suspect and locked down the store until another police officer arrived to arrest him. Acevedo praised their actions, saying they did all they were supposed to do. He said store video captured the entire incident.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-04-06/officer-killed-texas/54074090/1

1 person likes this.
  17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Horrible story. I'm wondering if this was a revolver. If not, I've never understood the need to carry a gun that cocked with one in the chamber. I have friends that do that. My personal thought is that if you're ever in a situation where you don't have time to **** your pistol before you use it, then that's probably a situation just hectic enough to result in you doing more harm than good.

18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

This x100.

This is why I never keep one chambered....

Concealing a handgun anywhere other than on your body is just not a good idea.

& why carry at Wal-Mart? You obviously haven't seen the type of people that come into Wal-Mart...

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This is why gun control is a topic. Idiots don't know how to secure and handle weapons. Safety didn't seem to be on and she left it in her purse freely available for her children to accidentally touch.

For every well-trained citizen with a gun there is a bozo with a gun.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

A Wal Mart in Idaho.

I'm guessing the chances of this happening were equal or better than the chances that there was some violent criminal event at a Wal Mart in Idaho.

1 person likes this.