1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Craig Sager has Leukemia according to son

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sydeffect, Apr 18, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

All the best to this man. Hope to see you on the sidelines again Craig!

Well done EJ, TNT & Turner.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Here's the Craig Sager feature from <a href="https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT">@NBAonTNT</a> everyone is talking about. WATCH: <a href="http://t.co/Cv7StqfZLr">http://t.co/Cv7StqfZLr</a> <a href="http://t.co/M6QNJNm00T">pic.twitter.com/M6QNJNm00T</a></p>&mdash; NBA.com (@NBAcom) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBAcom/status/548375951948521472">December 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<video width="853" height="480" controls="controls"><source src="http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/channels/tnt_overtime/2014/12/26/20141225-craig-sager-christmas-feature.nba_768x432_1404.mp4" type="video/mp4"/>Your browser does not support HTML5 video. Please update your browser to view this media content.</video>

#21 J.R., Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Fantastic story. Get well soon Craig!

3. -Rockets

-Rockets Member

Turner and EJ did a great job on this piece. Hopefully he can make a comeback just in time for the playoffs this year.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

dat wife doe

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Not gonna lie. Watching that on TNT made a little bit ready eyed. Very well done piece and I loved seeing them compile a lot of the support he got into that montage. Cancer affects too many people today. Glad he's on the upward trend and hope to see him back soon.

6. heypartner

ppl need to stop saying this. i've seen this before. luekemia. took down my awesome step dad in 5 years. Who was retired flying around exploring the world. And then it cut him down. He was a head doctor in HMC with all the best care. Didn't matter. Sager needs to chill and we need to stop our selfish call for him to return to work.

It's hard to say this, but he's got 5 years left at max. And looking at him, I'd say 3 max quality time.

7. tksense

tksense Member

Well ppl say this cos working implies he's completely or considerably recovered. If his job is truly his passion, that also means he will continue his passion and feel positive. Unless he misses family time more than his job, then yea. Imo anything that makes home happy and fulfilled should help his health.

8. heypartner

dat wife doe

you're right. It's personal decision, but what I'm saying is for us to stop making that call for him, and for us and the media to stop saying "Come back, we miss you "

The Pops video made me want to throw up, knowing what my step dad went through. Sager isn't coming back, ppl. let him chill out.

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You obviously went through a terrible family ordeal. You're taking this the wrong way though.

Sager said he hasn't missed a day of work in 35 years. It's obviously his passion. It's not us "calling" for him to come back or anyone trying to be insensitive. Rather, people just want him to be able to do what he loves.

He seems like a great guy by all accounts and has a wonderful family.

If anything you're the one acting like a tool by chastising people for wishing him well and back to what he loves doing while making lewd comments about his wife and putting a timetable on his death. Grow up.

10. heypartner

opps double post

#30 heypartner, Dec 26, 2014
  11. heypartner

first, cute you make the comments about my lose, and yet i really didn't use it to make an argument. I just said...let the man chill. that's my one and only point. you see that right?

second.... Did I offend your fragile nature that I can always unravel. DudeWah, you probably should never respond to me again,,,you just don't get it.

third, "lewd comments about his wife" he's a celebrity. "grow up."
    r e a l l y. you're going to play that card. idiot. not to me. makes me think so much less of you that you said. but ya know, 50% of ppl are going to take your side and say "that heypartner is such a dick for saying 'dat wife doe'" Yeah, welcome to that annoying club of internets. Hope you have fun there.

12. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

From Wikipedia...
    "The average five-year survival rate is 57% in the United States."
    You dissed the mans wife and have informed everyone how long he has to live. Maybe you should put the egg nog down and go to bed.

#32 mdoggnic, Dec 26, 2014
  13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I know you meant well, but you are chastising other people when they've also clearly meant well. Which makes you sound hypocritical.

Either live and let live, or accept that people are going to criticize you back.

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

He complimented his wife. Where did he diss her?

15. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

I'm sorry about your step dad, but you really shouldn't put a timetable on his life when you are not the doctor. I don't think it's selfish for people to hope he returns to work, because he takes a lot of passion in his work and certainly wants to return.

One of my favorite musicians, Andrew McMahon (from the bands Something Corporate and Jack's Mannequin) was diagnosed with leukemia back in like 2004 and has made a full recovery. Yes, he was much younger, but the point is it's absurd to speculate from the outside on someone's lifespan in a situation such as this.

16. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Why was I watching this entire interview -- feeling sorry for Craig, but then I would get TOTALLY sidetracked as soon as she got on screen...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

17. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

My bad, didnt realize that was a compliment.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

my old boss survived luekemia and is doing really well.
    got into shape, eats organic , has a healthy lifestyle. that was like 10 years ago.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

don't know what specific type of leukemia but it is generally one of the more treatable types of cancer.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Don't know much about leukemia but my dad had lymphoma that required heavy treatments throughout all of 2012 and he's now in full remission.

I wish the best for Craig. The good thing is he has a strong support system ready and willing to help; that seems to be one of the most important things when combating a serious illness.